Wow - diversions from KORD today?

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
In the past 20 minutes I've seen out of my office window (facing East out over Lake Michigan) two unusual aircraft on the ILS for 19R at Milwaukee (KMKE). One looked like a KLM B747, and another looked like a white B757, with unusual blue/purple colors on the tail (not FedEx).

Is the feces hitting the fan at O'Hare today? The radar looks ugly; would KMKE be a logical alternate to KORD? It seems kind of close to me.

Up north and west to Rockford they had golf ball sized hail. I thought it would dissipate some by the time it got east to me but I just had a huge storm go through and a very close lightning strike.

There'a lotsa flooding on the Des Plaines river in Gurnee and south.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2xradara4_tribune.gif
    2xradara4_tribune.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I was going to fly home from KCLI to KCGI this afternoon. But then I decided maybe tomorrow morning would be better!

Last edited:
I was going to fly home from KCLI to KCGI this afternoon. But then I decided maybe tomorrow morning would be better!

We went flying yesterday evening, after all the storms blew through. It was gorgeous -- smooth, calm air, less humidity, lotsa standing water in the fields. Beautiful sunset...

:smile:

Tim, I didn't see much of the morning, but I hear it was nice! :D Sorry I missed you -- busy schedule lately. Hope you make it home.

Unfortunately, Leslie's plane from Pittsburg was canceled due to weather, so she won't be arriving home until today! Yet the weather cleared up enough that I was able to grill out last night.

Back