wow! check it out!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Impressive. Any idea how many hours that took?

no clue on the hours involved. There is a quarter scale Cherokee II RC glider laser cut kit (or just plans) available. Id love to get one and build it. the model construction is based on the plans for the glider, and from what i understand the method is pretty similar.

and no the guy in the model is not a model of me. I stick with tan bucket hats, and no mustaches for me!

from sunny west texas,

tony

Wow! That's impressive! Looks like he spent some hardcore time on it. Why not just go ahead and build a full-sized one!? Looks like he has the technique under control.

Does yours have those little servos? You could use them for a TruTrack...

;)

Does yours have those little servos? You could use them for a TruTrack...

;)

no steve, this is a scale model. i dont have those little servos, i have BIG servos :D

I am thinking a nice formation flight with a simultaneous land out is in order!

Toni,

That is really impressive. I love building models but mostly do tall ships. Let him know that I think he did a great job on that. It also looks like that is set up for RC so is he planning on flying it?

speaking of which, know of any sailplane/gliders that have an a/p ?

might be an interesting option

No I can't say that I have seen any a/p in sailplanes. Per a Stemme or Grob 109 might have one. On the other hand I have been contemplating building an automated Flap Controlller for my HP16. Basically an electronic Airspeed indicator that would adjust the flaps to the optimum position for a given airspeed.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Back