Wouldn't it be funny if...

UngaWunga

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
UngaWunga
Wouldn't it be funny if you could look up someone's accident history and car ownership by their car's license plate like you can with plane registration numbers? I'm sure some people have access to that information, but it sure isn't as easily available as it is with pilot/plane info.
Someone cuts you off in traffic while flipping you the bird... look up their plate, get their home address, other personal info, their car's history...

Yeah, no.

I think it would be great, you could call them and tell them that they drive like an idiot.

Where do I sign this petition?

Meh...I have access to this info...the sheer volume of morons out there takes much of the fun out of it.

They would have a cow doing mine...3 of my 5 vehicles have the same license plates.... Drives the inspection place nuts when I bring one in for inspection.

The license plate is all the police need to ascribe the transgression to the registered owner. You're not advocating for vigilantism are you?

LEO's have access to the registration through the licence plate, and the VIN from the registration can be run though Carfax for the accident history.

Carfax....What a joke. I was looking at truck a few weeks ago that showed a glowing Carfax...no accident history and great service records. In fact, the truck had been totaled twice and had an engine change due to someone leaving the drain plug loose during an oil change. I've got more faith in most congress critters than a Carfax printout.

Carfax....What a joke. I was looking at truck a few weeks ago that showed a glowing Carfax...no accident history and great service records. In fact, the truck had been totaled twice and had an engine change due to someone leaving the drain plug loose during an oil change. I've got more faith in most congress critters than a Carfax printout.

Yup, CarFax (just like a logbook), only contain information that is fed to them. If someone repairs it themselves, or the shop doesn't document the repairs, CarFax assumes it has no prior issues. It's not a bad tool, but the information within should definitely be scrutinized.

I thought about this (I'm sure its been covered before here) because there's multiple threads here about videos of bad flying skilz where members look up the tail number to get a name, see how many times the plane has had problems. Or they then do a search on the owner's name, and look up all of their past accidents. To me, its way too much personal information about us pilots out there. Well... way too much information about us Americans in general out there, being bought and sold by all kinds of vendors.

Back