Worth the Risk?

W

WinterWonderLand

Current Sport Pilot here, early 40's when I was 19 I was prescribed 5mg of a generic lexapro(SSRI) and .025mg Lorazepam(Benzodiazepine) to help stay calm while doing public speaking events. Never took the Benzodiazepine and stayed on the lexapro until mid 30's. The medical history list the condition as "panic disorder" not sure i agree with this but I was 19 and didn't really have a say. Has anyone been in a similar situation, if so care to share your descesion/expereince? I know this is an uphill battle, just want to know how uphill and don't want to risk losing my Sport. Thanks!

I was on a benzo for a few years (one continuous episode) and they were able to clear me through the Neuropsycholigcal Evaluation. The Psychologist basically interviewed me and determined the "anxiety was in remission" and it was part of my SI stating that yearly I had to send a status update from my primary physician stating my condition hadn't changed and that was the end of it but YMMV.

I was on a benzo for a few years (one continuous episode) and they were able to clear me through the Neuropsycholigcal Evaluation. The Psychologist basically interviewed me and determined the "anxiety was in remission" and it was part of my SI stating that yearly I had to send a status update from my primary physician stating my condition hadn't changed and that was the end of it but YMMV.
Thank you. Were you only on a benzo at the time (no SSRI)? From my research it seems that being on two medications is an automatic deny.

Back