Worst Place to be a Pilot - video series

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Saw this video.

I watched the first episode.

Six months ago my wife and I were considering if this is something we'd want to do in our twilight years.

#worstplacetobeapilot

There was another series I came across a while back about flying bush planes in the Okovango Delta, I belive in Botswana. Can't remember the name of it, but it was fairly entertaining as well. If I recall, the mostly flew C-207s. Looked like fun.

I met a lady who flew with Susie Air to help them in their backcountry techniques. She said she was really let down when that show came out. Not an accurate representation of how Susie works.

Personally, I think the flying is cool but the show's injected drama is overkill.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Saw this video.

Six months ago my wife and I were considering if this is something we'd want to do in our twilight years.

#worstplacetobeapilot

I dunno, I'd rather spend my twilight years in "the best place to be a pilot," maybe flying low and slow over the beach somewhere, admiring whatever the youngster are / are not wearing by then . . . . with fresh seafood all the time.

I met a lady who flew with Susie Air to help them in their backcountry techniques. She said she was really let down when that show came out. Not an accurate representation of how Susie works.

Personally, I think the flying is cool but the show's injected drama is overkill.

Yeah, Hollywood is famous for injecting needless "drama" to make something "interesting," which usually kills whatever interest was there before. Look at Flying Wild Alaska and the awful airplane repo shows . . . Even Dog the Bounty Hunter was fluffed up like this. It's what Hollywood does.

Yeah, Hollywood is famous for injecting needless "drama" to make something "interesting," which usually kills whatever interest was there before. Look at Flying Wild Alaska and the awful airplane repo shows . . . Even Dog the Bounty Hunter was fluffed up like this. It's what Hollywood does.

I think we should call them false-reality shows.

I enjoyed that video. Thanks for the link.

After seeing the wicked terrain and the crazy one-way airstrips lined with boulders, I can see how flying there could make your twilight years turn into your sunset in a hurry.

The cannibalism testimonials were particularly interesting.

Watched that series a few weeks back, interesting stuff. I wish there were more videos about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone can land on a 10 mile long, 2 mile wide runway on flat ground. I prefer flying and landing in places that other folks fear.

I would like to be able to say: "I prefer flying and landing in places that other folks fear." and I mean that in a good way.

More power to ya man.

I am not sure most people fear the places I land but I do have fun and that's why a sought out a backcountry charter job.

If you really like a challenge, do it @Justin M. That flying is harder than most of us will ever experience.

Back