World's most dramatic runways

Well, to be fair...it was posted in the "In Case You Missed It" section!...guess I did...the first hundred times!:D

One of my favorites. The first time was in driving rain with about 3/4 mile vis and gusty wind. It's officially listed as being 3,000ft. But when it is raining there is a low spot that fills quickly at the southern end so you really have about 2700ft. Always carry spare seat covers.

Attachments

• French Frigate Shoals.jpg
    French Frigate Shoals.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 76
Well, to be fair...it was posted in the "In Case You Missed It" section!...guess I did...the first hundred times!:D

I just find it funny that they recycle the same content over and over again, but these are some interesting airports.

Back in the day, I suspect there were many more "interesting" airports that have been since updated or replaced due to modern design standards. Kai Tak in Hong Kong was pretty cool...

Love the airport at St Maarten,stood on the beach with the aircraft flying right over my head. I could sit in the bar on the beach watching the landings all day.

Back in the day, I suspect there were many more "interesting" airports that have been since updated or replaced due to modern design standards. Kai Tak in Hong Kong was pretty cool...

Kai Tak will forever be at the top of the pyramid. Nobody will build an international airport like that one again. Or probably even a no-budget muni.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about Paro . . . fly the approach - make the turn and land. Need to go 'around' its gonna be sporty but nothing an experienced pilot can't handle . . .

Back