World's Greatest ISP

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
As I travel (such as now, when I am in Tallahassee), I always face the challenge of securing access for all the vitally-important Internet stuff I have to do (like browsing POA).

I have "roaming" WiFi thing with SBC / AT&T, but it's still pretty limited./

By far, I connect most with my favorite wireless service provider, the one I am using now- Linksys. They almost always have an access point ready to go, and unsecured, wherever I go.

Thanks, Linksys, I love you guys!

Last edited:
And for wired access, I love my cable modem connection from Comcast. Just before leaving for this trip yesterday my son came out and told me that they've boosted the download speed again, based on what he had just observed. 10 Mbs! It was around 1 Mbs when we first got the service a number of years ago. Wow! We don't get that kind of access at work. :D

Ghery said:
And for wired access, I love my cable modem connection from Comcast. Just before leaving for this trip yesterday my son came out and told me that they've boosted the download speed again, based on what he had just observed. 10 Mbs! It was around 1 Mbs when we first got the service a number of years ago. Wow! We don't get that kind of access at work. :D
:D :D :D

No Linksys here....but I've got Blitzz and D-Link to choose from!....lol

NETGEAR around here sometimes.

Y'All be careful. There have been some who have been thrown in jail by clueless cops and the justice systems behind them.

Let'sgoflying! said:
didja make it home yet Spike? See any weather??

Naw, here 'til Wednesday, then headed over to Pensacola for three days' beach time.

Plan is, flying with Marathon Mike Schneider tomorrow, then we'll see if it's possible for us to fly to PNS without taking off into low IFR (as we have the past two years).

Today's task list: fixed defective threshold on door to Grandmother's bedroom; removed old and installed new medicine cabinet with lights; discovered in process thereof exposed wires in near-contact with each other and metal frame of old cabinet; silent prayer of thanks spoken. Also, diagnosed internitent A/C problem in Grandmother's Caddy, clutch not always pulling in.

Also got to zap a couple of wasps nests, spray 'n' run, hear peanut gallery (safe behind glass) laughing at antics.

Killed some fire ants (found welts from bites on feet at bedtime).

Designed-up a sample invitation to Granny's 100th birthday party (February 25, Women's Club of Tallahassee, be there).

Yesterday: removed two sets of worn-out venetian blinds (72" wide window!), installed two new sets of blinds. Discovered this morning that the new blinds, by design, do not close all the way. Bought new, larger and more-costly blinds today, having first verified that they do close fully. Removal and installation of new (bad) and new (good) tomorrow, followed by the return-to-store trip. Do not expect a problem from Lowe's, but if they give grief, Grandmother will pull out the old "...I'm 99-years-old, are you trying to take advantage of me?" and, voila, troubles will be over.

It's steamy here in TLH, but I always love it here.

Steve said:
No Linksys here....but I've got Blitzz and D-Link to choose from!....lol
Are you telling me you actually pickup wireless signal from a neighbor?!? ...'cause I was thinking the people around you were still trying to comprehend the concept of electricity and indoor plumbing...Infact I'd probably never have been heard from again if I would'a broke down before the interstate.

LOL....naw, i have a Blitzz or a D-Link AP/router connected to the satellite modem, depending on which one is not at the vendor getting re-furb'd....the D-link is in the box right now waiting for swap out.

Don't worry, some guy with a 4x4 would stop and haul your bike to the shop for free...

jangell said:
Are you telling me you actually pickup wireless signal from a neighbor?!? ...'cause I was thinking the people around you were still trying to comprehend the concept of electricity and indoor plumbing...Infact I'd probably never have been heard from again if I would'a broke down before the interstate.

Back