Worlds first airplane for sale.

I bet it was used during the civil war. The sound of a Stinson overhead, while looking down the sights of a musket must’ve been intimating!

It is more or less in Confederate colors.

World's first POWERED airplane. It's well-known that Ramses II enjoyed glider flights from the top of the Great Pyramid.

Tim

World's first POWERED airplane. It's well-known that Ramses II enjoyed glider flights from the top of the Great Pyramid.

Tim
A glider would not be an airplane, so the distinction is unnecessary.

Tim

the-joke-you-34977349.png

Fake news. That’s a high-wing. Benjamin Franklin invented the low-winged Colonial Bonanza in 1776. He also invented the teardrop pattern entry.

I will say, the restoration job is phenomenal, but I always worry about those pre-1903 engines.

but I always worry about those pre-1903 engines

If you follow Mike Busch, you would know that you can get 10,000 hours and > 120 years past TBO if you run these Rich of Lean of Peak and change the oil every decade.

If you follow Mike Busch, you would know that you can get 10,000 hours and > 120 years past TBO if you run these Rich of Lean of Peak and change the oil every decade.
Every decade? You’re wasting oil by changing it that often.

:)

I will say, the restoration job is phenomenal, but I always worry about those pre-1903 engines.
What are you talking about? Piston GA tech reached its apex well before 1903.. hell turbines (albeit steam) have been around since 1884

Every decade? You’re wasting oil by changing it that often.

:)

You wanna talk about wasting oil? What about all the extra oil laying in the bottom of the engine?

Every time I look there's like six quarts just sitting there doing nothing!

It is all just a hoax created by the engine builders and oil producers designed to make you use more oil than you really need. Follow the money!!!

Back