World Series of Poker 2008

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I'm playing in the World Series of Poker this year.
Event #27 at the Rio
I'll be out there June 12-17

(uh, someone move this to HT. No clue how it got here.)

Last edited:
Just one Question.... Are you gonna wear a 6Y9 hat?

Pete

Just one Question.... Are you gonna wear a 6Y9 hat?

Pete

I should and write the trip off as an airport promotion. I'll probably wear a few aviation hats. Being that it's a top 10 sexy profession and all.

Hey, Ed, if you get to a table with Phil Helmuth be sure to play erratically to drive him nuts. I love when he screams, "NOBODY WOULD BET THAT HAND!!!!!!!" as he looses to the guy who did. :p

I should and write the trip off as an airport promotion. I'll probably wear a few aviation hats. Being that it's a top 10 sexy profession and all.

POA needs to send you a free hat or T-shirt. :) That'd be cool to see you wearing it when you make it to the final table.

I have a question on all this (and yes, I play poker), when did poker become a Sport?

When ESPN needed to fill the time no longer occupied by Highland Games,Lumberjack Challenge, or Sheepdog Trials.

Pete

I have a question on all this (and yes, I play poker), when did poker become a Sport?

Henning, you spent too much time down under. Pro poker became really, really big on TV when they figured out the hole cards camera. It's last year's deal now. Shows like "Celebrity Poker Challenge" were canceled.

And no, I don't know why it's considered a sport, but hey, even chess is so why not?

What I wanna know is how the table can not hear Mike Sexton talking about everybody's hands. He's only sitting like 20 feet away in the same room.

So, all in on 2/3 off suit?

Nah, I might play that once in a while. All in? Not unless I'm on TV! :D

This isn't the main event guys, so even if I do make it deep the chances of being on TV aren't that high. They do televise a few of the non main event , uh, events, so there's a chance, but I'm not counting on it.

Nah, I might play that once in a while. All in? Not unless I'm on TV! :D

This isn't the main event guys, so even if I do make it deep the chances of being on TV aren't that high. They do televise a few of the non main event , uh, events, so there's a chance, but I'm not counting on it.

C'Mon! Have confidence! Didn't Chris Moneymaker start with a $25 online buy in?

Last edited:
I meant as far as my event being on TV. I fully expect to cash.

If it's a game of "chance" (you don't know what cards are coming) and "bluff" (make the other potential winners want to fold), how could it be a sport?

Perhaps it is... though loosely defined. Skill? Physical prowess?

sport
thinsp.png
https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport/spɔrt, spoʊrt/[spawrt, spohrt]–noun

1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
2.a particular form of this, esp. in the out of doors.
3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.
4.jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously.
5.mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him.
6.an object of derision; laughingstock.
7.something treated lightly or tossed about like a plaything.
8.something or someone subject to the whims or vicissitudes of fate, circumstances, etc.
9.a sportsman.
10.Informal. a person who behaves in a sportsmanlike, fair, or admirable manner; an accommodating person: He was a sport and took his defeat well.
11.Informal. a person who is interested in sports as an occasion for gambling; gambler.
12.Informal. a flashy person; one who wears showy clothes, affects smart manners, pursues pleasurable pastimes, or the like; a bon vivant.
13.Biology. an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation.
14.Obsolete. amorous dalliance.
–adjective
15.of, pertaining to, or used in sports or a particular sport.
16.suitable for outdoor or informal wear: sport clothes.
–verb (used without object)
17.to amuse oneself with some pleasant pastime or recreation.
18.to play, frolic, or gambol, as a child or an animal.
19.to engage in some open-air or athletic pastime or sport.
20.to trifle or treat lightly: to sport with another's emotions.
21.to mock, scoff, or tease: to sport at suburban life.
22.Botany. to mutate.
–verb (used with object)
23.to pass (time) in amusement or sport.
24.to spend or squander lightly or recklessly (often fol. by away).
25.Informal. to wear, display, carry, etc., esp. with ostentation; show off: to sport a new mink coat.
26.Archaic. to amuse (esp. oneself).
—Idiom
27.sport one's oak. oak (def. 5).
I imagine there's some sweating from time to time. :)

Been there done that in atlantic city..........good time......28th of 253

PS - Best of luck:yes:

Hey,
I played golf with a pro-poker player today. His name is Bernard Lee. Nice guy. Writes a poker column for the Boston Herald. He'll be at the WS of Poker next month.

Hey,
I played golf with a pro-poker player today. His name is Bernard Lee. Nice guy. Writes a poker column for the Boston Herald. He'll be at the WS of Poker next month.

Did you warn him about me? :D

Back