working on new website

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Weather is IFR. I'm not.

So I now have a weekend with absolutely nothing to do.

I decided that I would work on a new personal website.

It's not really finished yet, But i'd like some input as far as how it looks and what would look better.

I have some content on there, But there is a LOT more I'll be adding in the next few days hopefully.

http://jesseangell.com/website/

Wow, Jesse, I'm impressed. Your personality really comes through which pulls the reader in. My only suggestions would be to clean up the grammar and perhaps change the font. That font against blue background made it look cold and sterile. Other than that it I think you have a nice site.

BTW: hats off to Lance for being so generous.

jangell said:
Weather is IFR. I'm not.

Sounds like an opportunity for you and your CFII to get some actual! Though if your IFR over there is the same stuff we have here, maybe not. The clouds often bite this time of year! :hairraise:

So I now have a weekend with absolutely nothing to do.

I decided that I would work on a new personal website.

It's not really finished yet, But i'd like some input as far as how it looks and what would look better.

Pretty good so far... I especially like this:

jesse's web site said:
With full fuel you cannot carry much weight. For example let's say I want to fly with three of my friends plus me. Four people. Each one of us could not weigh more then 148 pounds or we would be overweight. There is a pretty simple solution for this though, find yourself three hot girls to take flying .. :)

What would look better? More pictures of the hot girls, of course! :D :yes: I see you have one with the Sierra. How do you afford girls AND flying? :dunno:

Richard said:
Wow, Jesse, I'm impressed. Your personality really comes through which pulls the reader in. My only suggestions would be to clean up the grammar and perhaps change the font. That font against blue background made it look cold and sterile. Other than that it I think you have a nice site.
Yeah, I really do need to go through it all

I have a terrible habit of not reading what I write.. plus I did all of that in notepad, So I didn't do any spell checking. I'll clean it up some tomorrow.

I've got quite a bit I haven't added yet.

I'm still not exactly sure about all the colors. I'll be playing with them some more yet.

flyingcheesehead said:
How do you afford girls AND flying?
Ramen noodles & Overtime. At LEAST 25 hours of overtime a week, anything less and then you can't really afford "girls"..It has to change to "girl"
..Though my landlord paid a visit today with a letter raising rent, So I might have to find something cheaper yet.

Last edited:
jangell said:
Yeah, I really do need to go through it all

I have a terrible habit of not reading what I write.. plus I did all of that in notepad, So I didn't do any spell checking. I'll clean it up some tomorrow.

I've got quite a bit I haven't added yet.

I'm still not exactly sure about all the colors. I'll be playing with them some more yet.
S'okay. You did say this isn't a finished product.

Ramen noodles & Overtime. At LEAST 25 hours of overtime a week, anything less and then you can't really afford "girls"..It has to change to "girl"
..Though my landlord paid a visit today with a letter raising rent, So I might have to find something cheaper yet.
You be careful.

Last edited:
jangell said:

I dunno if that's really any cheaper. If you only have one (ie no competition), she wants you to buy her more stuff!

I really need to find that woman with the airplane that I keep hearing about... :yes:

flyingcheesehead said:
I really need to find that woman with the airplane that I keep hearing about... :yes:
Oh beleive me. I searched all day for a girl that's a pilot with rich parents and lots of airplanes...on myspace... I never did find one. I eventually gave up.

flyingcheesehead said:
I dunno if that's really any cheaper. If you only have one (ie no competition), she wants you to buy her more stuff!
The secret to this is. Never tell them how much money you make or have :)

I've found if you are trying to impress a girl you can pretty much count on $100 a week for a month, then you can decrease that...just slightly. That's not counting where you fly her on the weekend. That'll usually end up being more then I made in the previous week. Money is meant to be spent I figure :D

I changed the entire website this morning from static html pages to dynamic php pages. Not sure why I didn't do that in the first place, makes editing and changing things much easier. Not that you really notice on the viewer end.

I also added several videos and a contact me page. I think from here I'm going to try to just clean up spelling / grammar and proof read everything. I also need to add some more content to the main page. Then I will deploy it as my main page. Then I'll just keep adding content.

Last edited:
jangell said:
I've found if you are trying to impress a girl you can pretty much count on $100 a week for a month,

Holy moley! Boy am I out of touch with the rest of my gender.... The best way to impress this girl is a great home-cooked meal, and that's only about $15. Maybe more, if you use real pine nuts. :rolleyes:

... Unless you're talking about flight time, of course. In which case, I'll insist on at least two hours a week, which could put you over the $100 limit.. ;);)

--Kath

kath said:
Holy moley! Boy am I out of touch with the rest of my gender.... The best way to impress this girl is a great home-cooked meal, and that's only about $15. Maybe more, if you use real pine nuts. :rolleyes:

... Unless you're talking about flight time, of course. In which case, I'll insist on at least two hours a week, which could put you over the $100 limit.. ;);)

--Kath

True that!

kath said:

--Kath

Well .. You have to figure.

Go to a movie these days. Plan on spending $30 to $40...

teenage girls also tend to be..very emotional....girl calls crying about, who knows what usually its nothing at all.
Two fixes for this:
Talk to her for about 12 hours.
Send flowers ($60)

It's usually worth the $60.

jangell said:
teenage girls also tend to be..very emotional....girl calls crying about, who knows what usually its nothing at all
Ahhh... I would not go back to being a teenage girl for all the tea (or flight time) in China... Don't worry, girls DO mature!

Re: your web site: I like the site (especially the videos!), but the main page needs a little more "oomph" I think. The eye doesn't get drawn right away to the menu on the side, so all you see is the one-sentence "Hello, I am a pilot" intro. Maybe move your "About me" section to the "Main" section so that there's some reading material right off the bat? Or simply make the menu more central and prominent on the Main page so viewers know immediately where they should go next? Just my thoughts.

--Kath

kath said:
Don't worry, girls DO mature!
I hope so...How many more years of this must I take?
kath said:
Re: your web site: I like the site (especially the videos!), but the main page needs a little more "oomph" I think. The eye doesn't get drawn right away to the menu on the side, so all you see is the one-sentence "Hello, I am a pilot" intro. Maybe move your "About me" section to the "Main" section so that there's some reading material right off the bat? Or simply make the menu more central and prominent on the Main page so viewers know immediately where they should go next? Just my thoughts.
--Kath

Yeah. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with that main page yet. I just added some random quotes on the bottom of every page.

Jesse I gotta say I have a new respect for you, the last few para's on your goal and how you are running your life; very admirable.
If all 18yr olds did something half as close to that the world would be a lot better place. You get all the encouragement I have, bud.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Jesse I gotta say I have a new respect for you, the last few para's on your goal and how you are running your life; very admirable.
If all 18yr olds did something half as close to that the world would be a lot better place. You get all the encouragement I have, bud.

Thank you.

..I just wrote about my flight to Airventure this year.

http://jesseangell.com/website/flights/airventure05.php

Hopefully I'll have this all ready to go live by next weekend. There is still quite a bit more I want to add and change.

jangell said:

IME you "need" to be rich to truly afford one "girl". To afford several "girls" you need to be filthy rich.:D

Looks like a great start... I see you've 'learnt' a lot !
Couldn't watch your videos on the work network computers so will try on my box at home that has lots of video stuff going on it.

Back