word completion problem

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Ya know when you start to type something on the computer say a username for a site or when you begin to type an email address and the computer completes it for you? Well occasionally my fingers slip and I goof the spelling or for get a character in an email address, and the computer remembers it. For example in outlook if I'm typing an email address that should be Tomsmith87@..... and I accidently type it as Tomsmit@..... leaving off the "h" and the 87 the computer will remember the incorrect address when I type it in the future.

My question is how do I delete these incorrect email addresses and usernames?

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Create a new mail message.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Start typing the name of the person you want to remove from the list (example Jay). [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The list might popup saying Jay Pilot, R. Jay Pilot, Jay Pilot CFI. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you know which one of these is incorrect, use your arrow keys (NOT your mouse) to arrow down to the one you want to remove.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Press the Delete key NOT the Back Space key.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This will remove that name from the History List.[/FONT]
:smilewinkgrin:

Cool. Does that work just in Outlook, or in browsers that remember for entry fields, too?

Back