Woot! Thanks, y'all -- and a gift!

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
We're celebrating at Amelia's Landing! Thanks to y'all, we have received the 2013 Tripadvisor Excellence Award, meaning that we're in the top 10% of lodging establishments in the world, based on our most important measure -- your opinion!

In celebration, here's the gift: Through the end of September 2013, mention that you saw this post on Pilots of America, and when you reserve a weekend with us, we will throw in Sunday night absolutely FREE.

That's right -- a free third night in the aviation themed room of your choice, including breakfast in bed, plus free use of our on-island courtesy van. :goofy:

This offer is available ONLY to POA members, and is available only at Amelia's Landing Hotel!

75915_619596658062914_1472523282_n.jpg

Congrats, Jay!
As you say, the award says it all. No one will ever know the work you put into being at this place.

Now if you weren't half a continent away, we'd be there soon.....

Alan

Well done Jay. I can't imagine the work involved in running a small lodging. Glad you've been recognized and I'll spread the word on your kudos.

Well done Jay. I can't imagine the work involved in running a small lodging. Glad you've been recognized and I'll spread the word on your kudos.
Congratulations !
Do we get to drive the RV-10 ?

Congratulations, and I hope it cools off soon. I would like to go fishing.

Congratulations !
Do we get to drive the RV-10 ?

Jay's Response: "Ummm...sure! Especially if you stay a week!"

Mary: "But we own an RV-8!"

Jay: "Shush, Honey! Just smile and nod your head while I make out that week long reservation."

Congratulations. A consistent quality customer experience is something to be very proud of!!!

Nice job, Jay! I really do intend to make it back. You were just getting started with the overhaul when we were there, I want to see it now.

Well done. Nice to see you succeed!

When I get my medical back, my wife and I will come see you!

Nice job, Jay! I really do intend to make it back. You were just getting started with the overhaul when we were there, I want to see it now.

Yep. You (and Spike) were two of our early pilot guests, back when we were aviation decorated, but still basically the old motel.

Now, all of our singles are completely redone -- and I will put them up against any room, at any price, anywhere. Most of the doubles still need new tile floors, but I started ripping out the carpeting in the Flying Tigers Room this week. (And I have the blisters to prove it!)

This off-season, I hope to ceramic tile ten rooms. Since this means far more than tile (I install new counters, new furniture, and new plumbing fixtures when we do flooring) that may be a bit optimistic, but I always try to aim high!

And...the architectural plans for our second floor addition are nearly complete! That will change EVERYTHING, giving us a full-sized lobby, which will allow us to pull our aviation library and full-sized flight simulator out of storage in Iowa!

Ah, if only we could work faster! My three year plan has become my five year plan! :lol:

Congrats Jay after seeing all the posts going to put your place on my must stay list. Keep up the good work.

Man, it wears me out just *reading* about all you have done there!

Recognition: well earned.

Congrats Jay. We are going to make it down there eventually. Karen was wandering around wearing your t-shirt all over town here last weekend.

I'm coming down sometime in October and will be staying a night. I'll probably bring some friends too.

Someday, Jay. It's just so blasted far for me. But congratulations, obviously you are gifted at what you do.

Someday, Jay. It's just so blasted far for me. But congratulations, obviously you are gifted at what you do.

I married well. :D

Mary keeps our housekeepers on the straight and narrow -- which is at least 50% of the problems any hotelier faces. Without spotless rooms, it doesn't matter how cool your theme is...

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your wife on a job well done!:yes:

Congrats.
I can't wait to make it down there someday and see for myself

Back