Woohoo!! Its officially in the FAA Database!

Whatcha gonna build? I'm a little behind on posts, so if you already said, just give the link, no need to repeat here.

"Niner Niner Niner November November"... sounds like that's about guaranteed to get you a "Unable" anytime your request Class B clearance! :)

Will you say "Triple Niner Double November" instead?

"Neener Neener Neener..."

Cool tail number, Nick.

Man, controllers are gonna be cussing you off-mic so bad!!!! :D

Whatcha gonna build? I'm a little behind on posts, so if you already said, just give the link, no need to repeat here.

"Niner Niner Niner November November"... sounds like that's about guaranteed to get you a "Unable" anytime your request Class B clearance! :)

Will you say "Triple Niner Double November" instead?

"Neener Neener Neener..."

Building a KR-2, waiting for the plans to arrive in the mail (and a nice tax refund to come as well to buy the stuff).

For starters, I will say "Niner Niner Niner November November" for novelty's sake. We'll see how that changes :D

Hey Nick that was fast! I thought everything with the Govt. was slooowww!

Congrats! Are you going to build the KR2 or the KR2S?
Conventional, Tri, or Retract on the gear?

How exciting!

Hey Nick that was fast! I thought everything with the Govt. was slooowww!

Congrats! Are you going to build the KR2 or the KR2S?
Conventional, Tri, or Retract on the gear?

How exciting!

KR2S, Trigear, maybe retract. Most likely fixed.

I caved on the stick thing. I'm not caving on the taildragger.

"Center - Niner Niner Niner November November..."
"Neener Neener Neener, go away"

KR2S, Trigear, maybe retract. Most likely fixed.

What's the difference between the 2 and the 2S?

I caved on the stick thing. I'm not caving on the taildragger.

Caved? Like, you were going to put a yoke in and someone convinced you to put a stick in?

:confused:

How long do you think it'll take to build? (Read: When can I have a ride? ;))

What's the difference between the 2 and the 2S?

2S is 14 inches longer and supports a bigger person. I plan on going a few inches wider as well, some have gone as far as 40" wide, which would be nice.

Caved? Like, you were going to put a yoke in and someone convinced you to put a stick in?

:confused:

Caved, because only one KR2 was build with a yoke, and apparantly, its a real PITA to get into and out of. Stick is the only way to go with such a small plane.

How long do you think it'll take to build? (Read: When can I have a ride? ;))

I'm planning on just over a year (800 hours by the book). Hopefully will be at both Oshkosh and EdFreds next year.....you and me together could quite possibly be beyond reach of the weight allowances. We will have to see what happens when I do the W&B after the build.

...you and me together could quite possibly be beyond reach of the weight allowances. We will have to see what happens when I do the W&B after the build.
Kent, you and me will have to go on a diet! I want a ride too!:yes::D

2S is 14 inches longer and supports a bigger person. I plan on going a few inches wider as well, some have gone as far as 40" wide, which would be nice.

Wow, cool! Any data as to how the cabin width affects cruise speed?

Caved, because only one KR2 was build with a yoke, and apparantly, its a real PITA to get into and out of. Stick is the only way to go with such a small plane.

Well, to be honest, all of the really fun airplanes I've flown have sticks. You might just end up liking it! :yes:

I'm planning on just over a year (800 hours by the book). Hopefully will be at both Oshkosh and EdFreds next year.....you and me together could quite possibly be beyond reach of the weight allowances. We will have to see what happens when I do the W&B after the build.

Cool! I'll start the diet... Tomorrow. ;)

I wanted the number with the most syllables. I could have done 999UN but it didn't seem to be as fun as a number with 3 9s and 3 Ns.
How much did it cost you to reserve that number? How long did it take to get?

I plan to build a kitplane someday. Not sure which one yet.

Have fun with the build, it should be a blast!

How much did it cost you to reserve that number? How long did it take to get?

I plan to build a kitplane someday. Not sure which one yet.

Have fun with the build, it should be a blast!

Its not much - something like 10 or 20 dollars. And it has to be re-reserved every year until it is permanently affixed to the aircraft.

I got it right away, but it took about a week to go into the database for viewing online.

Nick, you inspired me, I reserved N409CJ, 409 for my anniversary date, CJ for CeliaJane; I told her, and I think she was kinda touched.

When we were working on the RV, dad tried to get XXXCD (Chris & Doug), but apparently Cirrus Design had a monopoly on all the XXXCD numbers that we liked. :( So he went with 277DL - mom & dad's anniversary + Doug & Linda.

Guess I'll have to build my own -8 to get my own name in a tail number. :yes:

What a tail number! Reminds me of one of the Civil Air Patrol planes I once flew, niner niner five niner niner. That was a mouth full.

Jeannie

Back