WooHoo!! Home internet service is back!!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
It's been out for over a week. Now don't laugh too hard, but we still have dial-up service. :hairraise: Verizon is digging up the entire town and of course, our back yard has a special hole. I still can't believe the hassles we went thru trying to get service back. Can't remember when I've seen so much finger pointing and "not my problem". And considering that no one would give any indication that they would fix the problem, I can't believe we now have service.

And just in time. I was stressing as we head out sometime this weekend for the Keys. And as Bill already noted, the wx is somewhat problematic. I didn't know how I was going to keep track of the trends to the forecasts, plus review all my favorite sites so I could make the final go decision. And yes, I do expect to go, just not sure when.....I built in a couple of travel days into my plans on both ends of the trip. So it's just a matter of when and how far at a time....I hope. :fcross: Once I get there, don't care when I can make it home. :D

It's been out for over a week. Now don't laugh too hard, but we still have dial-up service. :hairraise: Verizon is digging up the entire town and of course, our back yard has a special hole. I still can't believe the hassles we went thru trying to get service back. Can't remember when I've seen so much finger pointing and "not my problem". And considering that no one would give any indication that they would fix the problem, I can't believe we now have service.

That's been my experience with Verizon, too. Thank goodness for competitors.

Hmm. My experience with Verizon has been exactly opposite, and I live in the same region as Kaye.

They've shown up at the appointed time, done their work professionally and promptly, and on the rare occasion I've had to call technical support, I've gotten through to a pleasant person who is a native english speaker, and who understands the technology. The only FIOS problem I have had in over a year has been a router issue and the replacement router was on my doorstep by 7 AM the next morning.

Hmm. My experience with Verizon has been exactly opposite, and I live in the same region as Kaye.

They've shown up at the appointed time, done their work professionally and promptly, and on the rare occasion I've had to call technical support, I've gotten through to a pleasant person who is a native english speaker, and who understands the technology. The only FIOS problem I have had in over a year has been a router issue and the replacement router was on my doorstep by 7 AM the next morning.

Tim, I'm just off the beltway. I had to call the State Corp. Commission to get Verizon to even show up to do the install of a business POTS line w/DSL+static IPs. They completely ignored 2 appointments that they made with me, the State got them to commit to a third - and they showed up 2 hours late. On top of that, they never could get the DSL to work properly, even reprovisioned at a lower speed. I had to take off from work 2 full days and 3 half days to deal with those clowns before I pulled the plug altogether.

The residential line they overcharged for the install and billing - it took 4 phone calls and a threat to go to the State before they fixed it.

Our business lines in the office in downtown DC have also been a nightmare - we're very close to pulling them and going with a VoIP provider.

Last edited:
Back