Wood comes today!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I'm waiting for a truck to arrive today, containing the large supply of wood I'll need to start building N999NN. I got a call this morning saying they'd be here today. I'm pretty stoked right now.,

If only I had my plans already...

He's gonna get wood...and he's stoked...

You know they HAVE forums for this kind of conversation, but this isn't it!!! ;)

and not only all the above - it's gonna be streamed on the webcam for all the world to see .... :eek:

wow - its amazing that $800 worth of wood comes in such little packages. heh.

Being the son, of a son, of a carpenter I've always loved the smell of freshcut wood!

That's cool dude!

Remember: measure twice, cut once! :fcross: :yes:

Being the son, of a son, of a carpenter I've always loved the smell of freshcut wood!

That's cool dude!

Remember: measure twice, cut once! :fcross: :yes:

I tell you what, it smells wonderful - like I've acheived something (althought I really haven't yet).

I tell you what, it smells wonderful - like I've acheived something (althought I really haven't yet).

I can tell. I was watching you rub your hands together in excitement as you were opening it. So how exactly do those long things become an airplane?

Wow - that wasn't fun ... your webcam, which up until a while ago today was happily displaying a workbench with Dr. Pepper on it has become a blue square that says ONLINE WITH AUDIO ... and then I clicked on it ... and then Firefox died an instant death dead dead dead.

I relaunched Firefox and was greeted with "Your previous session of Firefox ended abnormally. Would you like to attempt to restore your session and tabs?" or something similar... I'm restored again, but I ain't touchin' that blue box again!

That's not good, Greg! The link, if you want to try it manually through Windows Media Player, is http://24.121.110.133:2427

Maybe that will work better (that is, if you want to watch me open boxes of wood like its Christmas :D)

edit: fixed url

Last edited:
I just spend 2 days at an EAA workshop learning how to cover a wing in fabric, so I can understand your excitement.

Best of luck (and lots of persistence).

If I had the plans, I'd tell ya! That's gonna be the next thing I wish I had. lol

Organize... Organize... And then organize some more. I haven't seen the wood yet, but if it's in different sized pieces, take this 'free' time to organize it well. Nothing worse than getting ready to go with the process and saying "Hmm.. Now where did I put L6905B?"

Its here, its here!! Yay!

Cool.

gotwood2_sm.jpg

What a day! Went from anticipation to excitement to extacy, and now back to anticipation, waiting for the plywood kit and the plans to come.

Here's pictures of the day:

1) Bringing in the first box of wood
2) Bringing in the second box of wood
3) The delivery guy bringing in the box ot T-88 Adhesive
4) Opening the box of wood in anticipation of what condition it would be in
5) Measuring and taking inventory of wood.

Great day!

Attachments

• bringingwood1.jpg
    bringingwood1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 28
  • bringingwood2.jpg
    bringingwood2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 20
  • bringingt88.jpg
    bringingt88.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 23
  • openingwood.jpg
    openingwood.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 32
  • inventory.jpg
    inventory.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 34
I'm waiting for a truck to arrive today, containing the large supply of wood I'll need to start building N999NN. I got a call this morning saying they'd be here today. I'm pretty stoked right now.,

If only I had my plans already...

OK, what the HELL have I been watching you work on for the last two weeks?! You've been over at that bench working on something, but you don't have plans or wood, so it must not be the plane!!! I want my life back! :)

(Congrats on the wood! It's gotta feel great to get started on this project. I told the CFII I was flying IFR with last week about your N999NN N# while we were setting up for the approach into KACT. He thought that was funny!)

Back