Woo Hoo Got another maintenance bill!!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Why am I so excited?? Well this is the bill for the new starter install. I did the work all myself and only needed the mechanic to advise and inspect. He also made the new cable for the starter. Total cost $85.46

Since January that is the first maintenance bill under $500. I have been so much work this winter that I at last got through all but 1 ADs and annual.

I think I am finnally over the hump with the annual!

Scott, if I may ask what is the actual useful load of your bird? I saw a really nice Warrior for sale with a gross weight increase, but I really can't remember what the actual useful loads were on the Warriors I used to fly a few years ago.

And congrats on a mx bill that actually sounds bearable!!! You should frame it LOL.

Joe Williams said:
Scott, if I may ask what is the actual useful load of your bird? I saw a really nice Warrior for sale with a gross weight increase, but I really can't remember what the actual useful loads were on the Warriors I used to fly a few years ago.

Mine is 801lbs, With full fuel that drops to 513lbs (48gal max fuel). It is more than enough for me and my wife plus luggage for the a few days. We are heading off on a 1 week trip to NC in June and that is testing the payload capabilities of the plane.

I have often been able to get me (large guy) and two other people in the plane if one of them is also a smaller young person.

Joe Williams said:
And congrats on a mx bill that actually sounds bearable!!! You should frame it LOL.

I bought the plane last June and it was in great shape, the previous owner took really good care of it. I only had a couple of little things that I had to deal with until December and then the annual and the cylinder AD came up, then I have really only spent about $5500 for all that stuff I had to do.

I was told to expect from 10 to 15% of the purchase price for your first annual and that is on the low end of that rule of thumb so not too bad. I have a couple of things I deffered until next annual as they were still fine now but I would like to start new. Those items were new oil lines and a new battery.

I just wish I had the time to fly more. :(

wbarnhill said:
NC? Really now? Whereabouts? :D
Near KFFA or rather south of it, Avon, NC to be exact. We are renting a house on the beach and will share it with my nieces and sister inlaw for the week.

Can't wait. Gonna bring the banjo, sit on the porch and play, read, swim, it'll be like a real vacation for a change. We're you at? Perhaps lunch one day?

Last edited:
Go eat at a place in Kitty Hawk (or maybe its Kill Devil Hills) called Chilli Peppers...Really awesome place. Kind of pricey but well worth it.

Maybe I will be taking lessons by then and can fly out to FFA or near by for lunch.

Banjo eh? Reminds me of Stewie on Family guy heh.

smigaldi said:
Near KFFA or rather south of it, Avon, NC to be exact. We are renting a house on the beach and will share it with my nieces and sister inlaw for the week.

Can't wait. Gonna bring the banjo, sit on the porch and play, read, swim, it'll be like a real vacation for a change. We're you at? Perhaps lunch one day?
Avon is great. Used to vacation there a bunch when I was a kid. Where are you going to tie the plane down? Hatteras or Manteo? Any interest in visiting Octacoke? Great place to fly to and good restaurants nearby.

NC Pilot said:
Avon is great. Used to vacation there a bunch when I was a kid. Where are you going to tie the plane down? Hatteras or Manteo? Any interest in visiting Octacoke? Great place to fly to and good restaurants nearby.

Was looking at Dare County (KMQI) as I can park and grab a car there and avoid traffic over the bridges. Do you have anyother sugestions?

Wow, slick. I don't really have the time to do cool maint things like that. I really wish I had a) the time and b) the maint oversight to pull something like that off. As a veteran of many home improvement projects, thought, I know exactly how you feel. Congrats. Enjoy the beach vacation.

Be careful. Joe's on the hunt for Warriors. Make sure your's is locked!;)

Back