Women Drivers!!!! (N/A)

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Yesterday was Taco Tuesday, as it is every Tuesday, so my sister and I head over to Taco Bell in my truck. We contemplated taking her new Mustang GT, but since we alternate driving, it was my truck we took. We are in the drive through line, and I've already ordered my "Cruncheweezy" Gordita thing, and we pull ahead. There's a car at the pickup window, a lady in front me, a lady behind me, and a car at the order stand. Suddenly, I see the reverse lights go on with the car in front of me. I don't think much of it till she starts backing up. The drive through line curves around the building, and I'm at the apex of the curve with nowhere to go. I watch, as she is leaned way over - probably scrounging for loose change on the floor, and WHAM! she slams into me. It was a nice day out and we all have at least our driver side windows down and I hear her yell out,

"Why do people always ****ing run into me?"

I immediately yell out,

"I didn't ****ing run into you, you backed up into me!"

"I was in park."

"No you weren't, and I have a witness next to me that saw it, and one behind me that saw it."

I get out, and don't see any visible damage at first, and climb back in.

She get out of her car and looks and doesn't see anything. She pulls ahead, grabs her food, and goes around the far side of the building. As I turn the wheel further, I hear a grinding sound. Oh, that can't be good.
During all this my sister got the license plate of the car, the name and number of the woman behind me, while I get the food.

Pull around the side of the building. She's gone. Hopefully the police have a nice little chat with her.

N2212R said:
"I was in park."

It is the auto manufacturers fault. Those pesky P's and R's look SO much alike, and they put them SO close on the quandrant.

*snork*

Sorry, Ed.

It's not always "woman drivers". Remember when you and I were driving.....YOU almost hit my car. :eek: Talk about bad drivers!!

Once in a while, Elizabeth, Taco Bell satisfies some primordial need. So does Long John Silvers, but only once in a while.

jacole8 said:
It's not always "woman drivers". Remember when you and I were driving.....YOU almost hit my car. :eek: Talk about bad drivers!!

I really like the fact that Courtney is on the board to keep Ed in line! :)

*Note to self* do NOT under any circumstances ever suggest to Leah that she should join PoA!!!!!!

TMetzinger said:
Once in a while, Elizabeth, Taco Bell satisfies some primordial need. So does Long John Silvers, but only once in a while.

is it the same one Ed mentions above?

jacole8 said:
BUSTED! :rofl:

Women driver = Oxymoron

Women cell phone talking, make-up artist, hair stylist, salad eater while attempting to operate a motor vehicle is more like it.

:D gets me off the hook. :yes:

Haven't eaten at the Bell since I found a nail extension (yeah, like a press-on) in my chicken soft taco. Well, found it in a mouthful of food. Gag! Hawk! Urgh! Bleccch! That was almost 20yrs ago and I still have a gag reflex thinking about it.

Everskyward said:

Trust me, she would have gotten the ticket, unless in some bizarro world I am not aware of you are at fault for driving in your own lane at the speed limit when someone decides they want to change lanes while next to you.

N2212R said:
Trust me, she would have gotten the ticket, unless in some bizarro world I am not aware of you are at fault for driving in your own lane at the speed limit when someone decides they want to change lanes while next to you.

LOL. One thing about Eddie....He thinks hes always right!!

(it was so his fault) :yes:

Taco Bell = Toxic Hell

Women drivers... why can't they all be like Danica Patrick, Melanie Troxel or Shirley Muldowney? :dunno: :D

Wow, I hadn't heard Shirley Muldowney in a long time. Remember when she raced Big Daddy?

Courtney, almost is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades. May I hasten to point out you said Ed almost hit you.

bbchien said:
Why are you eating with the unwashed masses?
While out and about the other day with my wife we were thirsty but had only a short time to get a drink so she suggested a fast food joint near by. I opened the door and felt a wall of gooey nausea hit me. I said, nope, and we kept moving. Besides, it was packed in there. I would have gained lbs by just standing in line. Doc, you are so right!

gkainz said:
Taco Bell = Toxic Hell

Women drivers... why can't they all be like Danica Patrick, Melanie Troxel or Shirley Muldowney? :dunno: :D

Because not all women are hot, unfortunately. HEH.

BTW - Taco Bell is good stuff. Del Taco is better, IMHO, but Taco Bell was the closest thing to authentic Mexican food I could get when in New Hampshire.

Obviously down here, I would NEVER eat at Taco Bell. But elsewhere, I would. Its only 'gross' because Mexican food is gross :D

jacole8 said:
LOL. One thing about Eddie....He thinks hes always right!!
Of course. He's a pilot, and worse yet, a CFI! ;) :D

SkyHog said:
Because not all women are hot, unfortunately. HEH.

BTW - Taco Bell is good stuff. Del Taco is better, IMHO, but Taco Bell was the closest thing to authentic Mexican food I could get when in New Hampshire.

Obviously down here, I would NEVER eat at Taco Bell. But elsewhere, I would. Its only 'gross' because Mexican food is gross :D

There's a decent mexican restaurant in North Conway, but I can't remember the name. Think it's on 16 on the south side of town.

I don't like Del Taco much either.

NM had GREAT restaurants. mmm mmm did we eat well. One place in Bernalillo was called Range Cafe. I bought the T shirt and that is the one I used to solo - if you mail them a photo of you in the T shirt they put it on their community board. They have photos all over the world - literally. even Antarctica.

The best Mex restaurant I ever bean is in Odessa, TX. Nothing else compares; well, maybe homemade tamales with homemade red salsa.

bbchien said:
Why are you eating with the unwashed masses?

Have to. Fast food is actually a step UP from truck stop restaurants, which I pretty much don't go to.

Unfortunately fast crap food is usually my only option, especially since the accident, which destroyed my refrigerator and power inverter, rendering my microwave and George Foreman grill useless. :( Still haven't had a chance to replace 'em.

As fast food goes, Taco Bell isn't as bad as McDonald's, or Burger King, or Hardee's, or... :vomit:

flyingcheesehead said:
Unfortunately fast crap food is usually my only option, especially since the accident, which destroyed my refrigerator and power inverter, rendering my microwave and George Foreman grill useless.

You're driving the same truck? I'd have thought you would have gotten a new one.

smigaldi said:
I thought it was the name of the Mexican phone company
Ha! That's a good one! One of the baby bells... or "la belle nina"

Bill Jennings said:
You're driving the same truck? I'd have thought you would have gotten a new one.

I did after the accident. I asked for the old one back when they were done fixing it, 2.5 months and $36,000 later. Why? Old truck has an APU, new truck does not. I'm one of only four trucks in the fleet (of 400) that got one. :D

However, the power inverter, fridge, grill, microwave... That's all my stuff, doesn't come with the truck.

flyingcheesehead said:
However, the power inverter, fridge, grill, microwave... That's all my stuff, doesn't come with the truck.

Ouch. Does your homeowners or renters insurance cover the losses of those personal items?

flyingcheesehead said:
Have to. Fast food is actually a step UP from truck stop restaurants, which I pretty much don't go to.

Is you crazy?!?!?! I go out of my way to eat at Truck Stops when travelling. You won't find a better greasy burger elsewhere!

And often, grease == good.

Fat, while it doesn't have much flavor of its own, is a great "flavor carrier", so it enhances the flavor of whatever it's in. Try a hamburger with ultra lean, high quality meat. It just doesn't taste as good as even a lower quality of meat, with more fat. That's why "marbling" is considered to be a "plus" when talking about steak.

Bill Jennings said:
Ouch. Does your homeowners or renters insurance cover the losses of those personal items?

Working on that. I hope it works out better than the workmen's comp did. :mad:

SkyHog said:
Is you crazy?!?!?! I go out of my way to eat at Truck Stops when travelling. You won't find a better greasy burger elsewhere!

:vomit:

Actually, Flying J's ("Country Market") and Petro's ("Iron Skillet") restaurants are pretty decent. But your typical non-chain hole in the wall truck stop? Well, I'm sure there's some good ones, but there's some downright scary ones too.

For the most part, I run hard enough that I just don't have the time to stop that long for food. Grab and go.

flyingcheesehead said:
:vomit:

Actually, Flying J's ("Country Market") and Petro's ("Iron Skillet") restaurants are pretty decent. But your typical non-chain hole in the wall truck stop? Well, I'm sure there's some good ones, but there's some downright scary ones too.

For the most part, I run hard enough that I just don't have the time to stop that long for food. Grab and go.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Bill Jennings said:

And why doesn't the insurance of the driver that caused the whole thing pay for your losses?

SkyHog said:

And often, grease == good.

Truck stops were the places we ate at 2 am when there wasn't anything else open on a Saturday night. Waco, NE had a great one.

Back