With You

Cardinalguy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Stephen Nanny
Greetings from Cardinalguy.
I've been lurking on POA for some time while getting back into aviation and thought I should be respectable and introduce myself. I learned to fly back in 1985 at P37 the original Glendale Municipal airport. After getting my PPL I rented for a while then found a partnership in a Cessna 172. We eventually upgraded to a 182 but it was involved in a crash and destroyed by one of the partners. Being without a plane I went back to renting and looking for another partnership, found an ad in the newspaper for a startup partnership in an as of yet unpurchased Piper Cherokee 180. Surprisingly that worked out and we ended up forming an LLC with 6 partners. Flying to Oshkosh in 1997 with one of my partners was the highlight of owning the Piper. Had to sell my share because of my family obligations and hadn't flown since 2000. Fast forward to 2016, I've retired and moved out of Phoenix to a small town in the White Mountains with a wonderful airport and I wanted to get back into flying. I decided to purchase a Cessna Cardinal on my own in Dec. 2016. Found a great one not far away in Silver City, NM. Needed around ten hours of training with CFII to get checked out in the Cardinal and now have 70+ hours in her. I've learned a lot from POA and will continue to enjoy reading it every day. If anybody ever gets to KJTC, give me a shout.
Steve

Welcome Steve! Happy to have you aboard.

Welcome to posting Steve. The Cardinal is a nice airplane for sure. It's great that you can enjoy owning one in retirement.

Greetings from Cardinalguy.
I've been lurking on POA for some time while getting back into aviation and thought I should be respectable and introduce myself. I learned to fly back in 1985 at P37 the original Glendale Municipal airport. After getting my PPL I rented for a while then found a partnership in a Cessna 172. We eventually upgraded to a 182 but it was involved in a crash and destroyed by one of the partners. Being without a plane I went back to renting and looking for another partnership, found an ad in the newspaper for a startup partnership in an as of yet unpurchased Piper Cherokee 180. Surprisingly that worked out and we ended up forming an LLC with 6 partners. Flying to Oshkosh in 1997 with one of my partners was the highlight of owning the Piper. Had to sell my share because of my family obligations and hadn't flown since 2000. Fast forward to 2016, I've retired and moved out of Phoenix to a small town in the White Mountains with a wonderful airport and I wanted to get back into flying. I decided to purchase a Cessna Cardinal on my own in Dec. 2016. Found a great one not far away in Silver City, NM. Needed around ten hours of training with CFII to get checked out in the Cardinal and now have 70+ hours in her. I've learned a lot from POA and will continue to enjoy reading it every day. If anybody ever gets to KJTC, give me a shout.
Steve
Welcome to the joint from a fellow Cardinal owner. Kinda. It's been parted out. A 78 B. What do you have?

Howdy! Shoot, thought this was another "approach Cirrus blah blah wit you" threads. :D

Last edited:
Double purty Stephen! Beautiful Cardinal.

Back