witch gps add on for ipad

earl72

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
earl72
should i get the bad elf or the blue tooth from sportys i need some input :mad2:

should i get the bad elf or the blue tooth from sportys i need some input :mad2:
Well, since it's Halloween, you have a witch in the title, and one of the options is a Bad Elf, I think the answer is self evident! :idea:

You'll want the one that has a mount available for attaching it to the broomstick.

Sectional updates with geo-referenced locations of covens and children to nab likely require an annual fee.

I have the Dual Electronics XGPS150; works great in a C-172. I would recommend it in an airplane; no idea how it works in anything else.

If your iPad has the 3G chipset (even without service from AT&T) you have a GPS built-in.

Otherwise, I think the Dual is cleaner with a wireless connection to the iPad.

I use the built-in. A friend uses the Dual. On a recent flight they were virtually identical.

Oh, and I presume you have a WiFi only iPad, without 3G. Otherwise, you don't need external at all, as Scott alludes to. Otherwise, the question comes down to whether you would rather remember to charge another device, whether you mind another wire or dongle on the iPad, and whether you're already using or plan to use Bluetooth for something else, like listening to music in your Zulu headset.

thanks i think im going with the blue tooth from sportys:)

thanks i think im going with the blue tooth from sportys:)

I presume that is the Dual Electronics one:

16597.jpg

If so, good choice.

I went with the Bad Elf. I didn't want one more battery to worry about. No regrets. Works great.

Back