Wish I had this CFI

I'm not aware of professional flight school instructors making fun of part 61 instructors. Maybe something to do with the lack of professionalism with some 61 instructors? (I'm looking at the guy in the video)

I've received instruction from Paul.

I'm not aware of professional flight school instructors making fun of part 61 instructors. Maybe something to do with the lack of professionalism with some 61 instructors? (I'm looking at the guy in the video)

Can't Part 61 instructors be "professional" CFI's? I consider myself a professional CFI under part 61. I know not how to be anything else when performing a service.

No offense taken here.

The video is funny btw! Have seen it before.

David

Can't Part 61 instructors be "professional" CFI's? I consider myself a professional CFI under part 61. I know not how to be anything else when performing a service.

No offense taken here.

The video is funny btw! Have seen it before.

David

Of course they can and I'm sure you are. You don't make fun of other CFI's when you instruct do you?

Of course they can and I'm sure you are. You don't make fun of other CFI's when you instruct do you?

Nope, sure don't. Now I understand where you are going with your earlier comments. Paul probably shouldn't have made fun of his peer instructors.

David

Nope, sure don't. Now I understand where you are going with your earlier comments. Paul probably shouldn't have made fun of his peer instructors.

David

Yes he should.
It helps a certain class of instructor to get their head through the cabin doors by deflating them as required.
The day anyone in the aviation racket becomes sacrosanct by some unknown mechanism, (usually self nomination), then it's time to really turn up the heat.
Except Bob Hoover, of course.

Yes he should.
It helps a certain class of instructor to get their head through the cabin doors by deflating them as required.
The day anyone in the aviation racket becomes sacrosanct by some unknown mechanism, (usually self nomination), then it's time to really turn up the heat.
Except Bob Hoover, of course.

How big must ones head be to self nominate themselves to point out other groups that need to be taken down.

Maybe next he could do a video in blackface since he's so good and lumping people into groups and making it 'funny'.

It's not how big the pattern is, but how you handle the stick!!

Do part 141 schools surgically remove your sense of humor?

C'mon Captain, not even a smile?

GLAD that I don't.....

I'd take Bertorelli with a grain of salt. Berto took the position in 2000 that "wee don't need no steenkin pulse oximeter". He's very silent now when prodded on this. He took the position to sell Belvoir magazines.

Caveat Emptor!

Now there is some truth in what he sez in this video. Just a lot of aggrandizement along with the humor.

I'll be he didn't know that you can be competent in many many types and still fly a pattern larger than he prescribes....

Do part 141 schools surgically remove your sense of humor?

C'mon Captain, not even a smile?

Oh I get the joke. I really do. Understand it's at my expense though and I don't buy into his premise that I'm a worse pilot or CFI. Also, on point, I fly a wider pattern and plan to be stabilized on final AT LEAST a mile out and that means with power.

I'm pretty sure my style of being stabilized on final has some backing with the FAA.

Back