Wish I had a...

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
So my long-awaiting XC flight is off.

I'd posted recently that I was looking forward to my most challenging XC to date, 468nm with my family aboard.

Final analysis, I learned some valuable (life) lessons. I guess I should say that the XC isn't off, but merely postponed. I will have a long drive there and back to plan the next one.

It's always something.
So my long-awaiting XC flight is off.

I'd posted recently that I was looking forward to my most challenging XC to date, 468nm with my family aboard.

Final analysis, I learned some valuable (life) lessons. I guess I should say that the XC isn't off, but merely postponed. I will have a long drive there and back to plan the next one.

I've scrubbed more flights than I've made. Never regretted it, even once.

I know I made the right choice, but it was a tough decision that wasn't due to weather, feelings of lack of competence or any other safety concern.

FWIW, I've been flying a bit longer than you have and have still not been successful in taking my family on a long x-country flight yet.

EVERY time we have planned a trip to Arizona to see family something has come up....kids sick....wife sick.....airplane sick....etc. I think I'm destined to drive with the fam which sucks because when you road trip with my wife, a 6 hr drive turns into 9-10 hrs.

FWIW, I've been flying a bit longer than you have and have still not been successful in taking my family on a long x-country flight yet.

EVERY time we have planned a trip to Arizona to see family something has come up....kids sick....wife sick.....airplane sick....etc. I think I'm destined to drive with the fam which sucks because when you road trip with my wife, a 6 hr drive turns into 9-10 hrs.

Whats your definition of long? I put 4hours Hobbs sofar with my family, a little more with just the 2 of us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back