Wisconsin meet on the 11th?

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
I'm headed up to Portage on the 9th and plan on returning the 11th, any chance some of us can link up then?

Lance, Kent? The 11th somewhere?

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
I'm headed up to Portage on the 9th and plan on returning the 11th, any chance some of us can link up then?

Lance, Kent? The 11th somewhere?

Dave

I think I'm wide open that weekend.

lancefisher said:
I think I'm wide open that weekend.

Do you want to suggest something out your way some as opposed to your coming toward Madison? Either way works for me. Looks like it's gonna be pretty cold. I'll have to go back to Rockford to pick up my passenger on the way home.

Dave

This is a long shot but... I'm flying into Madison from Anchorage on the 11th, to go to a meeting that starts on the 12th. My flight gets in at around 11:00am.

If anyone was willing to a) wait that late in the morning, and b) pick me up at MSN, then hot damn! I'd love to go fly somewhere! I haven't been flying in weeks and the weather up here is snow and fog and snow...

--Kath

I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I might get forced into overtime saturday & sunday.. or go to des moines..

Hmm....

kath said:
This is a long shot but... I'm flying into Madison from Anchorage on the 11th, to go to a meeting that starts on the 12th. My flight gets in at around 11:00am.

If anyone was willing to a) wait that late in the morning, and b) pick me up at MSN, then hot damn! I'd love to go fly somewhere! I haven't been flying in weeks and the weather up here is snow and fog and snow...

--Kath

Let's keep talking about it. I'll be very close to Madison at Portage (C47). Let me see what Lance and Kent are thinkin. We've been tryin to get together for awhile.

Dave

jangell said:
I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I might get forced into overtime saturday & sunday.. or go to des moines..

Hmm....

Let us know as your plans firm up!

Dave

Last edited:
If it's VFR..

I'd be willing to venture east depending on if I have to work or go to des moines.. I'm sure I'll know later in the week.

kath said:

I don't know for sure, but hopefully I'll be able to stick around at least that long (depends where my company decides to send me for next week). I'll probably have to leave late afternoon at the latest (IE 4 PM), but probably not too much before then if I can do it at all.

Is there something at LSE or in that area? If so, that'd hopefully be reasonably close for everyone. If I can make it at all, I'll pick up Kath and we can all meet up there around 12:30. (Kath, maybe Dave can swing by and get you if I can't make it.)

I may not be back online 'til Friday... Someone call my cell (414) 305-2447 and leave me a message once you have a plan.

KLSE would be very convienant for me at least.

But I would be willing to go farther east if that works better for others

(KLSE is about 51NM from RST)

As far as what's there.. I've been there before and took the FBO's courtesy vehicle to eat...pretty decent size city, But I don't know it at all..or what is there.

Let's try to figure it out by Thursday or Friday if possible. I'll be in the air Friday, but can get back on the board that evening.

Dave

Well, unless I can rope Jesse into fetching me, I'm out unless we meet here as I'm currently medically unfit for PIC duty. Today I broke my right arm near the wrist in a lunchtime hockey game. I'm scheduled for outpatient surgery Friday morning to install a plate that will hold the pieces together for propper knitting. The good news is that the doctor said I should be able to use my right hand (and arm) within 3 weeks of the surgery although it sounds like there will still be some kind of small cast for a few weeks after that. But I think I'll be OK to fly the Baron to FL for Xmas break.

There's a very good burger shop near KFCM, any chance we could meet here?

lancefisher said:
Today I broke my right arm near the wrist in a lunchtime hockey game.
Ouch.

lancefisher said:
Well, unless I can rope Jesse into fetching me, I'm out unless we meet here as I'm currently medically unfit for PIC duty.
I could pick you up. It's the least I can do.

lancefisher said:
There's a very good burger shop near KFCM, any chance we could meet here?
I'm up for anything..whatever works for everyone else

Last edited:
Any updates on what's going on?

jangell said:
Any updates on what's going on?

Gack... I'm out. :( I got a trip to California that has to be there on Tuesday morning. I still need to look and see if I can make VPZ tomorrow.

Oh rats Kent. Well, I'll be in Madison until Friday afternoon... but it sounds like you'll be out the whole week. (?)

I'm still up for something only if it's convenient for someone to pick me up. My flight gets in at 11:08am to MSN from ORD... Of course I'd have to get from the airline terminal aaaaaaaall the way to the other side of the airport where the GA terminal is. Hmmm. Or, someone could pick me up at ORD. (hahahaha!)

--Kath
cell phone 608-239-0356

Okay.. I'm still up for something.

We'll just have to see if we hear from lance or dave I guess.

I called Lance, we're going to try to meet out there for lunch tomorrow. Won't know particulars until tomorrow morning. Called Katherine to see if she wants to ride with us. My cell is 214.632.7132.

Dave

I work from 4am to noon ish I guess.

I could possibly leave early depending on what time you were going to arrive up there.

If it's IFR I'm out.. It looks like it might end up IFR.

Sorry folks! We had to cancel; weather was just a bit too much. Got the brief from FSS and it would have been a solid IMC flight. Problem was, icing conditions forecast along the route; couple PIREPS from jets along the route reporting moderate icing. Since this was social, and I would have a plane with four teenaged girls; just didn't seem worth the risk.

I'll probably be back up in February and perhaps Mother Nature will cooperate a little more. We drove to the mall instead; so, the girls were happy; Uncle Dave would have had a little more fun if he could have flown!!

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Ah. Yeah the weather wasn't pretty.

It had me pretty well grounded with 500 foot ceilings and icing.. and I'm not instrument rated.

It did clear up around 4pm though. I was able to do some pattern practice today. Though it was a bit windy.

I was taxing on a taxiway with a 28 knot wind directly across the airplane. It grabbed onto the fuselage and started to push the airplane sideways on the ice. I was able to stop it with a quick burst of thrust and rudder.

We'll see you next time!

Why must the weather always do this:

Sunday metar:
[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KRST 111654Z 27004KT 10SM CLR M09/M12 A2977 RMK AO2 SLP101 T10941122[/FONT]

Last edited:
Dave Siciliano said:
Sorry folks! We had to cancel; weather was just a bit too much.

And if it was too much for you and your airplane, it was certainly too much for the rest of us! :yes:

Funny, I ended up getting sent to California rather than home (Not there yet - I'm at SLC now, will be in Santa Clara tonight, might rent a plane out there tomorrow :) ) and both fly-ins I was planning on for the weekend got canned by weather anyway. (And, of course, wx has been beautiful the whole trip out here so far. :dunno:)

We'll have to catch you next time. Do you know when that might be?

Back