Wisconsin Airport Challenge

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Just in case anyone is interested...

Capitol City Flyers, Badgerland Aero Club, UW Flying Club, and Wisconsin Aviation are sponsoring the 2006 Wisconsin Airport Challenge. The goal is for individual pilots, as well as pilots from each group above, to fly to as many Wisconsin airports between 4-15-06 and 10-31-06 as possible. No touch and goes - You must either get the signature of an airport employee, or a digital photo of the plane at the airport for it to count.

This is kinda similar to Nick's quest, only Wisconsin is blessed with over twice as many airports! Some fields that are extremely challenging were scratched off the list for the contest for safety purposes. However, there are still 119 airports on the list! :goofy:

Entry fee is $20, info can be obtained from ben@geology.wisc.edu. Prizes will be awarded (probably with labels that say "Garmin" or "Bose" :D )

We're trying to promote GA, get people to fly, have fun, etc. and hopefully the contest will be more widespread next year as the participating pilots spread the word. :yes:

Sounds like a great contest Kent! Perhpas POA should have a similar contest for total number of airports visited ( GA only no charter or corp stuff) in a given time period.

AdamZ said:
Sounds like a great contest Kent! Perhpas POA should have a similar contest for total number of airports visited ( GA only no charter or corp stuff) in a given time period.

How about the number of states landed in? That way I could actually win. :D

Maybe some other PoA members will decide to start these challenges in their states as well...

That's a great idea Kent! Although it seems that people based in the middle of the state have it a bit easier. Anyone in the NE interested in doing something like that? Kent, do you have any more info somewhere online, or is this pretty much the gist?
________
Home made vaporizer

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
How about the number of states landed in? That way I could actually win. :D

Maybe some other PoA members will decide to start these challenges in their states as well...

I dunno Kent, by June 16, I will have done 47 in the past year. (ND, AK, and HI being the exceptions)

wow Kent. That sounds like a lot of fun! Are you gonna do it?

Also - POA should set up some sort of contest....most airports in so many days or something.

SkyHog said:
wow Kent. That sounds like a lot of fun! Are you gonna do it?

Of course! I don't know how well I'll do because I'll probably be concentrating on training for my commercial, but I've been meaning to hit a few more airports in WI. There are quite a few I've already been to more than once (Hmmm... C29, OSH, GRB, MKE, MWC, UES, JVL, PVB, OVS, AUW, RYV, and those are just the ones off the top of my head) but there's still a ton I've never been to at all.

I'll probably stop about 10 times on the way up to Ed's party too. :yes: :D

Back