Wiscansin pilots

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
It appears that moderators flee CO like a wildfire!... (too soon?)

Well it's official. @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf and I will be moving to the Madison Wisconsin area May 1st. Then I'll be boarding a flight at stupid o'clock May 2nd to pickup my Skywagon and fly it to RYV.
Work doesn't start for me until late May, so I'd be interested in meeting up with other WI PoAers and any suggestions of stuff to do and places to fly would definitely be appreciated!

I know a couple of you are out there like:
@Badger
@flyingcheesehead
@vontresc
But not sure who else.

Also if anyone is interested in grabbing a late lunch on May 2nd that lives between CYS (Cheyenne WY) and RYV (Watertown WI) let me know!

Last edited:
I'm down in Kenosha, southern border of WI. Now you have no excuse not to attend OSH every year. :)

Peshtigo in NE WI. Practically in DA UP of Michigan, d’air hey. Technically I live in Eastconsin. Based at KMNM. Menominee MI.

Manitowoc, KMTW. Home of making a murderer!

I go down to RYV fairly often. Daughter knows there's a Culvers across the street from the airport so if she has any say in where we go.. that's it.

I had a really good impression, though my last visit was decades past. But I'll be there for the Mooney Caravan, so I get to see it again.

You’re going to have to get that Wisconsin dialect down pat before you make the move.

Not in Wisconsin but not far away: I am sure your plane will like North Fox Island (6Y3). And you may want to add the 6Y9 fly-in at Labor Day weekend to your calendar.

@Mtns2Skies while I'm on the wrong side of the boarder, I'm only about 35 flying min from your new home. Never been in a Skywagon and I have a buddy with a farm close to MSN with a nice rwy to help get a little grass under your wheels. :)

I'm in NE Iowa. Not too far away but not next door either. If you find some fun off airport stuff over your way I might be game to stop over for a day or weekend.

@Mtns2Skies while I'm on the wrong side of the boarder, I'm only about 35 flying min from your new home. Never been in a Skywagon and I have a buddy with a farm close to MSN with a nice rwy to help get a little grass under your wheels. :)
Oooh that could be fun! I'll definitely ping you once I get in and settled.
Not in Wisconsin but not far away: I am sure your plane will like North Fox Island (6Y3). And you may want to add the 6Y9 fly-in at Labor Day weekend to your calendar.
Already planning on 6Y9!
I'm in NE Iowa. Not too far away but not next door either. If you find some fun off airport stuff over your way I might be game to stop over for a day or weekend.
I've been told landing on these frozen lakes is a lot of fun :)

I'm near Lone Rock (KLNR) and have a grass strip on site...

I'm near Lone Rock (KLNR) and have a grass strip on site...
Oh duh. I know that. Forgot to tag you. We DEFINITELY need to trade rides :)

On a separate note, is there an option for "pickup" with plane perfect supplies?

Back