Wireless network in plane

I haven't but while I'm doing that who's gonna do the flying?

Presumably, they rely upon the cellular network; hence, antenna aim (low) might be an issue.

Still, interesting and worth a shot.

I haven't but while I'm doing that who's gonna do the flying?

It's a small receiver\transmitter that gets installed in the car (or plane) and you pay a $40.00 a month fee and all your wireless devices Nexus, etc will be connected while in the plane.

Would that be any different than using an iPhone as a personal hotspot? Is it cellular or satelite based? My iPhone works okay until I get above 2000' or so then it drops out. I've heard it sees too many cell towers and gets confused. I have the PS Engineering 8000BT audio panel. It is still nice having my phone bluetoothed so I can listen to music while flying.

Would that be any different than using an iPhone as a personal hotspot? Is it cellular or satelite based? My iPhone works okay until I get above 2000' or so then it drops out. I've heard it sees too many cell towers and gets confused. I have the PS Engineering 8000BT audio panel. It is still nice having my phone bluetoothed so I can listen to music while flying.
It's terrestrial cellular. There is currently no technology that can provide high bandwidth two way data to a large client pool from a space based platform. Cellular can do this because the aggregate bandwidth for a country's worth of client devices is distributed over tens of thousands of terminals (cell towers). To provide the equivalent in space would mean a similar number of satellites and the means to keep them from running into each other.

It's terrestrial cellular. There is currently no technology that can provide high bandwidth two way data to a large client pool from a space based platform. Cellular can do this because the aggregate bandwidth for a country's worth of client devices is distributed over tens of thousands of terminals (cell towers). To provide the equivalent in space would mean a similar number of satellites and the means to keep them from running into each other.

Never knew that. Might explain why Europeans think our cellular networks are archaic, but they simply don't have the space to cover?

Back