Wireless Headsets?

I highly doubt that Bose, Lightspeed, or any other maker is using some "audio folks" to engineer their headset R & D..

Shane ...

I know HUNDREDS of really great professional engineers. TONS of them. Competent in their field. Great folks, all of them.

But I can count those competent in RF design on my hands and toes, and other digits without taking off my pants.

You may well have the most competent engineers in the world working for you, but I challenge you to give them this test: what is the series resonant frequency of a 10 pf capacitor with one-half inch leads on both sides.

Please post the answer from your engineers here (with calculations).

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
You may well have the most competent engineers in the world working for you, but I challenge you to give them this test: what is the series resonant frequency of a 10 pf capacitor with one-half inch leads on both sides.

Please post the answer from your engineers here (with calculations).

Thanks,

Jim

Which side of the E6B do I use for that again? :D

Who did you go to to get the cord fixed when you did this? I put two crimps in mine this way (I think). They still work, but if the cord bends the wrong way the audio and mic cut out. Would rather have it fixed than continue dealing with it.

Love the Halos. I have a slightly larger than normal head and over the head headsets tend to give me a headache after a while. No problem with the Halos.

I emailed the manufacturer. Shipped them back to him for a free repair the first time and a $50 repair the second time. (Not sure how he'll handle yours, I think my second repair cost me because he was really busy making/shipping new headsets and I was in a rush to get them back for my checkride.)

I don't have it with me, but let me know if you need contact info and I can get it to you in the morning.

Sorry if that came off as mean. I've certainly done a lot of other stupid **** in airplanes. Just not the cord thing.

Nope, didn't take as mean. Just took it as a little ribbing from a fellow pilot. No worries!

Jerk. :p

Easy and cheap... "figure 8" the excess like it was when you opened the case

vc-100_1_l.jpg
(not the real cable - Photo explain "figure 8")

secure in center with a Wonder Bread twist tie

250px-Twist-ties.jpg

Or a small pony tail hair band

Ponytail-Elastic-Hair-Band-White-Background-297476.jpg

Boom. Problem (likely) solved. I don't know where my brain has been, but I couldn't figure out a good way to do this. I kept coming back to a loop, but figured it'd just slide and become a smaller loop until it wasn't really helping at all. Figure 8 makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the idea!

Back