Wiping Data

Why wouldn’t you just search by creation date?
That works for the "myrtle beach 2017" example. It works much less well for looking up a person or thing you may have shots of from different times- "Was Jimmy in the 2010, 2012, 2015, or 2017 myrtle beach trip?" I've 6 sets of shots from India, 7 from Europe, and many other "duplicate" trips where I've been to the same place many times. I've shots of Canada from both vacation and business trips. Tagging the images makes it much easier to track them down.

Why wouldn’t you just search by creation date?

That would work just fine if you were sure of the date and location where the picture was taken. If you have tens of thousands of photos and you're not sure where they were taken, or necessarily when, a missing geotag makes it much more difficult to find what you're looking for.

I don't take many pictures, so for me "2017" or "2018" is close enough. My wife takes tons of pictures, and I've been through the pain of trying to find the ones she remembers taking months or years ago but doesn't remember exactly where or when. The more information attached to the picture, the easier it is to locate.

***** I'm taking as many pictures as possible and loading to the cloud just to be able to prove my innocence these days.

Lawyer: Where were you at the time the crime occurred?
Me: I was cruising around Western KY really high.
Although I meant flying a plane and have pictures to prove it, the Judge, jury, and lawyer look at me, and don't ask... the other meaning is just too believable.

Case dismissed.

Can't believe no one has said this yet. The wiper is now flying around Uranus looking for Klingons.

Back