WinXP Load Delay

Chris Connor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
helopilot2be
I tried to install an external DVD R. No real problem. Then I tried to install the associated software that came with the drive. First two programs loaded no problem, the last program was NERO. I tried to watch a DVD using it and it locked up. I ended up powering down to get NERO to go away. Anyway I restarted and uninstalled. After that I now have a delay of 1 minute and 44 seconds between the time the WinXP screen goes away and my desktop appears. I have uninstalled all the software and hardware. I went into the registry and deleted all references to the "new" software, and even tried to restore to a restore point a week ago. All to no avail.:mad:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chris

try, start run..type: msconfig
look at the processes and startup items, and go from there...if all else fails, do a system restore.

Good luck

Just do the system restore. Nero has left a drive behind that's hogging some resource. Get rid of if.

Well it seems that the problem was WinXP trying to seek the drive. When I disconnected the drive it boots right up. Thanks for the responses though.

Chris

Back