Winterpark this weekend <g>

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Will be off the board a few days; no internet connection at the condo we're renting in CO this weekend. Heading out Thursday; returning Sunday. All business of course--haveta test some new ski equipment! (My ski boots dry rotted after years of sitting and I had to get new ones.) Base looks good, weather looks good, meetin some good friends.

A POA ski trip would be fun; we have a Summer event--need a winter one :yes:

Best,

Dave

Winter Park is the place to go if you need the practice on the green runs. :D

Have fun and wave to the train! :)

He will, Chip, he will.

Well, I used to be a black diamond and double black diamond; terminal velocity on the downhill guy. (Back before the war when I was younger.) What has also given me a bit of pause on the slopes is I've had a couple friends hurt that couldn't fly their plane back :no:

So, I really don't wanna do that high speed stuff, possibly get hurt and go though all the medical stuff plus--fly back commercial and have my partner come get the plane. Next trip, my partner is plannin on commin. Now, that trip could be different :lightning:

Best,

Dave

Winter Park's good skiing, a bit crowded for me, but beautiful area. Maybe ten or fifteen miles straight-line distance from my cottage [but over the Divide]. Nearest airfield Granby [GNB], which is 20 mi. north and a nice little strip. This yr's snow base is great, best base and snow conditions of the past several years. My nephew's up from Austin as I write this, at Winter Park, so it is definitely the season....

I'm going to Monarch in a few weeks. Can't make it to WP this weekend, but if you offer me free flight, food lodging, lift tix, and beer I guess I could get away. :)

WP is just too crowded for me. It's good skiing but that darn train drops people off by the jillions. I go to the secret ski area - bwahahahahaha!

Have fun Dave.

<7500>

Dave:

I heard your plane headed to AUS today, but it did not sound like you on the radio.

</7500>

Flew back today. Wheew, what a trip. Huge storm came over when we were planning to leave on Sunday Midday. Geesh, we had to stay and ski another day! Can you imagine!

Found a great little Mexican place with Margaritas by the pitcher; couldn't have had any if I would have had to leave Sunday. I think the food was good, but the Margaritas were very excellent! Had to ski all day Sunday! 3 to 4" of new snow; really the pits <g>.

Flew back in tonight. Great flight back until I came down just west of D/FW. We had called Flight Watch and asked for PIREPS; said they one had one icing report. Well, you should have seen the number on the ADDs site after we landed. I believe three were ours. It got colder as we descended and we were in the soup. Never got more than light rime, but it was a great time to have a K-ice plane.

Haveta get back to work now, but I'll be back on the board.

Best,

Dave

Yeah - how about that Denver weather? 75º and sun on Saturday, 25º snow and blowing snow on Sunday, 45º and sun on Monday ...

What Mexican place?

Carlo's and Marias best I can recall. In Winter Park. Pitcher or Margaritas for 5.95 on Saturday for Happy Hour.

Best,

Dave

Yeah - how about that Denver weather? 75º and sun on Saturday, 25º snow and blowing snow on Sunday, 45º and sun on Monday ...

What Mexican place?

There were two young ladies skiing in Bakinis on Saturday. Don't know how well they skied, but that wasn't the point.

Sunday, were had hoods up, on top of ski hats, goggles, turtle necks and long johns. Sweated when hitting the slopes, froze on the lifts :cheerswine:. We all have sunburns from the nose down!

Best,

Dave

Back