Winter Park lift ticket coupons

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Heading to Winter Park on the 25th. Any suggestions on getting lift tickets for less than $92 per day? I know they have a gold c coupon book with coupons, but don't know where to get 'em. Anyway, four of us going for three or four days. With the economy the way it is, surprised at lift ticket prices. There is also some Entertainment coupon book but I can't find where to get them.

Best,

Dave

How much are they when bought locally at a Safeway or King Soopers? Might be worth calling the customer service desk of a Denver grocery store to ask.

If you happen to be near one of the Shell gas stations that participate in the offer, you can get a coupon for 2-for-1 lift tickets at several ski areas, including Winter Park. Doesn't look like any TX stations, but you may come across one in your travels.
http://skifreedeals.com/

Jon

If you happen to be near one of the Shell gas stations that participate in the offer, you can get a coupon for 2-for-1 lift tickets at several ski areas, including Winter Park. Doesn't look like any TX stations, but you may come across one in your travels.
http://skifreedeals.com/

Jon

Phillips 66 was running a similar deal last season; I'm glad to see someone's doing it again.

There's a couple Shell stations in Idaho Springs, which is right on the way to WP (you take I-70 to US 40 to Winter Park, IS is on 70 about 6 miles before you hit 40). I'll take a look tomorrow afternoon to see if they're participating.

If they are, it just so happens that I need 10+ gallons of diesel. I'll pick up a couple vouchers, you can do the same when you come through, and you ought save a few dollars.

I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

FYI - drink a buttload of water the day before you leave. It'll help with the altitude. WP is pretty high, and you'll feel a heck of a lot better if you're not dehydrated (for some reason it happens faster at altitude).

Supermarket customer service counters. Make a stop on your way out of Denver.

Hey Dave - my son found these yesterday -

http://denver.craigslist.org/tix/1601741683.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/1585665052.html

another option is to watch craigslist for partially used Winter Park 4 pass ... he didn't see any last night, but it's common for folks to buy them, use a day or two and for some reason they're not able to use the rest of the days. They are (or were 2 years ago, at least) fully transferrable, and you can verify the remaining days on-line with the pass number. We did this a couple of years ago when my son didn't get his season pass.

Last edited:
Ah contraire, mon ami. There be mountain pie and Tommy Knocker in Idaho Springs!

And lots of great Jeep trails around there too. It was a favorite stop of mine when hitting the trails along Rt. 70.

another option is to watch craigslist for partially used Winter Park 4 pass ... he didn't see any last night, but it's common for folks to buy them, use a day or two and for some reason they're not able to use the rest of the days. They are (or were 2 years ago, at least) fully transferrable, and you can verify the remaining days on-line with the pass number. We did this a couple of years ago when my son didn't get his season pass.

Are 4-packs transferable? I'm not sure of the rules there, but I only ask because I know Vail (which doesn't include WP) has really been cracking down this year on people borrowing other peoples' season passes. Wouldn't want to see anyone get in trouble.

Did you see the story about the girl who took her boyfriend's season pass, and then claimed to be undergoing a sex change operation when someone noticed that she wasn't a he? Ended up with a phone call to the boyfriend's dad by the sherrif's dept., to the effect of "Mr. X, are you aware that your son has had a sex change operation?"

I mean, you just can't make that stuff up. :)

Si!, Beau Joe's = mountain pie

OK, thanks for that. I have been there twice in my life. The first time was when my wife and I were first married, we rode my old shovel head harley out to Colorado, and ended up in Idaho Springs just as the sun was dropping below the mountains. The second time was when my son was fourteen. He was telling me one summer day how he had never seen a mountain. I was on vacation for a week at the time, with no plans other than working on the house and the yard. We loaded up the jeep the following day, and started driving West, looking for a mountain. A couple days later, we were hiking around in Rocky Mountain National Park, and I asked my son if he wanted to check out Beau Joe's Pizza. He said that he thoguht that would be great, so off we went. We ended up in Idaho Springs once again. He called his mother on the cell and told her where we were eating. For me, it was probably the greatest trip of my life. For my son, who is 21 now, it was the summer I made him go to Colorado to find a mountain.

We did the Winter Park skiing trip four years ago. I think Winter Park is one of the most beautiful places on earth. We got a package, so the lift tickets were included. As I remember, the motel that we stayed in had discounted lift tickets, but I wouldn't count on my recollection in the matter.

Thanks y'all for all the great tips. Prices sure get nutso when you try to blast up there for a weekend. In the past, a member of our group has had season passes and he got us lift tickets for $55 each. Safeway also had a coupon book--they don't this year is what I'm told.
The rental SUV is also nuts from Hertz even with my gold membership and discount $600 for five days, and we'll probably get back after 6 when we leave which is another day!
100LL isn't cheap there either!
I guess then have to make it while there's snow!
I don't know why it bothers me so much to buy a lift ticket for $80 when the folks ahead and behind me pay $55 <g>

Best,

Dave

OK, thanks for that. I have been there twice in my life. The first time was when my wife and I were first married, we rode my old shovel head harley out to Colorado, and ended up in Idaho Springs just as the sun was dropping below the mountains. The second time was when my son was fourteen. He was telling me one summer day how he had never seen a mountain. I was on vacation for a week at the time, with no plans other than working on the house and the yard. We loaded up the jeep the following day, and started driving West, looking for a mountain. A couple days later, we were hiking around in Rocky Mountain National Park, and I asked my son if he wanted to check out Beau Joe's Pizza. He said that he thoguht that would be great, so off we went. We ended up in Idaho Springs once again. He called his mother on the cell and told her where we were eating. For me, it was probably the greatest trip of my life. For my son, who is 21 now, it was the summer I made him go to Colorado to find a mountain.

Now there's a story for you. I do want to get one minor detail straight though. Did you or did you not just tell us that you transported a dependent minor across state lines for the purpose, among other things, of obtaining mountain pie? I'm sure there are laws against such things!:D

Now there's a story for you. I do want to get one minor detail straight though. Did you or did you not just tell us that you transported a dependent minor across state lines for the purpose, among other things, of obtaining mountain pie? I'm sure there are laws against such things!:D

Or, perhaps, laws requiring such things? :)

further details required on my part regarding the 4 pass ... 2 years ago the Copper 4 Pass was fully transferable. I checked with Copper Mt before buying a couple off craigslist for my son.

I have a current Copper 4 pass. It is not transferable. I think the supermarkets are the best bet. Snow has not been the best this year so the crowds have not been real big ( no lines).
Walt

Thanks for the update on the 4pass, Walt. Good to know. Maybe that's why we didn't see any offered on craigslist like we have in the past.

Edit - just asked my son about these again and he corrected me - we purchased partial TransFour passes - I just found a .pdf online that says transferable, but then followed the link to transfourcard.com, which redirects to skicolorado.com, which then links to the Four Pass section which says "Not Transferable" .... wow, more convoluted than it needs to be.

Last edited:

Greg: I called off this list and have one fella that has several tickets. We'll see how it works out. Thanks for the steer.

Best,

Dave

Dave,

I checked the two Shell stations near me; they're not participating. Sorry that didn't pan out....

1. the gas station between Idaho Springs & Dumont usually has some of the best prices for the area.
2. Beware of US 40 (the road off I-70 to WP) - frequently known for it's speed trap.
3. And beware of the east-bound traffic on I-70. Fortunately, you'll be east of the tunnel, which is one of the traditional traffic jams.

I don't know why it bothers me so much to buy a lift ticket for $80 when the folks ahead and behind me pay $55 <g>

I've been known to fly someplace and then complain about the $10 ramp fee. We'll ignore the fact that the $10 ramp fee represents roughly 1% of the cost of flying there and back. :smile:

PS - if you want to keep an eye on the weather, the following link is generally pretty good. They've been off as to snowfall amounts this year, but everyone has. Temperatures and winds, they're generally right on. Look under "Front Range" for what's relevant to Winter Park.

http://avalanche.state.co.us/pub_bc_wx.php

What he says he has is the $55 dollar lift tickets that come with season's passes. Those are just daily lift tickets IIRC. Sounds like a nice gentleman.

Best,

Dave

That sounds like it's on the up-and-up to me. If you've got a season pass, you get a certain number of "buddy passes" for a discounted price (I actually think you might get as many as you want at WP).

The lift tickets worked out great. We had no problem using them. The fella that had them also got us some coupons. So, we did well.
Got fresh snow yesterday and expect more tomorrow.
Can anyone break free to help my Son pack my stuff up at home; think I want to move here <g>

Best,

Dave

excellent report, Dave! Glad to hear it. Your words are an echo of two brothers of a friend of mine. They went skiing in Winter Park in 1979 and never came home. They're still working ski patrol during the winter and building houses during the summer up there.

Back