Winter is here...

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
Well, my fellow Acro Nuts...

Winter has arrived in the interior, Alaska... Well, like 3 weeks ago...

I hung up my chutes in my closet for the winter as temps fall to the low 20's. Tucked the Citabria in the hangar untill we throw skis on her...

What a productive and successful Acro filled Summer! Learned nose high/ low recovery, spins, LaZy EiGhTs to the max, clover leafs, loops, and slow rolls...

I feel quite comfortable now that I've built my tolerance up for G's and unusual attitudes. Looking forward to next summer... How'd everyone do this year?

Blue Skies!

Made it to Fairbanks this summer ,rained and cold for three days,didn't stay long. Did an overnight at tok junction,loved it. Made a stop at osh on the way home,so I guess it was a great summer.

Winter has come to Florida too. It fell to 59degrees this morning.

Winter has come to Florida too. It fell to 59degrees this morning.

Fell out of my chair laughing so hard! Good one...

I woke up this morning to 32 degree weather, thought to myself, "This is WARM!"

As a Floridian stuck in Nodak it hasn't been to bad yet. Typically low 30s in the morning and then climbs into the 60s. But this has been a very unusual october, above average temps almost the whole month.

Made it to Fairbanks this summer ,rained and cold for three days,didn't stay long. Did an overnight at tok junction,loved it. Made a stop at osh on the way home,so I guess it was a great summer.

We had quite the WET summer... Anything besides forrest fire and I'm... A..O...K

We get REALLY bad forrest fires in the interior... Last year, the Army did some range test firing when it had been 90 degrees for 2 weeks straight, one of their shots missed the range and started a 550,000 acre fire... It was big none the least...

How far did you make it into Alaska? Was Fairbanks your last stop?

Fell out of my chair laughing so hard! Good one...

I woke up this morning to 32 degree weather, thought to myself, "This is WARM!"

I lived in Fairbanks for a while. I remember it would be in the mid 40s for a couple weeks, then warm up to the high 20s. I would unzip my jacket and think what a nice warming trend we are having...

Oh, add a negative in front of those numbers. The coldest air I ever saw was -62. I wanted to pee to see if it would freeze in mid air. Nope. As soon as the cold air hit little billy he did a turtle imitation and didn't show his head for three days....:lol:

I lived in Tok for a year. All I can say is really, really strange people live in the area.

:goofy:

Tok is definitely an interesting town... I always stop by Fast Eddiy's for lunch with I'm driving to Chicken to hunt...

I lived in North Pole. Hung out in Fairbanks a lot and the yearly trip to Valdez. I sure do miss it....though I don't miss the cold!

I lived in Fairbanks for a while. I remember it would be in the mid 40s for a couple weeks, then warm up to the high 20s. I would unzip my jacket and think what a nice warming trend we are having...

Oh, add a negative in front of those numbers. The coldest air I ever saw was -62. I wanted to pee to see if it would freeze in mid air. Nope. As soon as the cold air hit little billy he did a turtle imitation and didn't show his head for three days....:lol:

I lived in Tok for a year. All I can say is really, really strange people live in the area.

When I was there I saw -65 I believe. The funny thing is they shut the base down for that whole week. it was very cold. -30 was my cut off, at that temp snow machining just was not fun anymore!

That's too cool! Small world... Anyone remember a grass strip out of North pole by the name... Airway? Perhaps, Bradley?

Oh, an AK thread. It's 16C here in SoCal. That's 61F for you non-math majors.
27C (79F) in Honolulu where you AK folks go to thaw out. Just avoid Hotel St and you'll be fine.

Snowed here off and on yesterday. In the city, parts of Lakeshore Dr were shut down, and the "Halloween Haunted Barge" at Navy Pier sunk.

Quite a Halloween.

Holy crap, winter is here! It's like 71° this morning...brrrr.

Wet, sloppy snow here in MA all day. Not that cold, but it sure feels raw.

I had half a century of that.

I can't believe how STUPID I was to stay there so long. :(

Im viewing it as an opportunity to broaden my horizons. The big sky is amazing compared to the haze and humidity of the gulf. 2 more years and I'll be out of here.

Back