WingX flight planning and SIDs/STARs

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
With FF, putting SIDs and STARs into the route planning and getting it to expand into the waypoints is simple.

How do I get WX to recognize these?

On my AAL flight home this afternoon, the planned route is KMCI RACER5 DOSOA TUL BYP5 KDFW. I put that into the route planning for WX and got a "this does not compute" style message.

Any help?

With FF, putting SIDs and STARs into the route planning and getting it to expand into the waypoints is simple.

How do I get WX to recognize these?

On my AAL flight home this afternoon, the planned route is KMCI RACER5 DOSOA TUL BYP5 KDFW. I put that into the route planning for WX and got a "this does not compute" style message.

Any help?

I believe that this has been yet another long-requested (and long-promised) feature that WingX has yet to implement. From what I recall (from a year ago), you can MANUALLY add the waypoints in to the route, as well as tap on the actual procedure plate to have them automatically added (one at a time), but when I had tried the latter about a year ago, it didn't work reliably.

WingX is a great effort, but it's not really commercial quality. There are too many bugs, errors, and omissions which Hilton doesn't seem all that interested in fixing.

JKG

Back