WingX and TACs in Hudsor River Corridor

Joegoersch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JoeGoersch
When flying the Hudsor River Corridor, one of the requirements is to carry a current New York Terminal Chart. With WingX I believe the only charts displayed are the sectional charts. I can, using Goodreader and the downloadable FAA TACs, meet this legal requirement and have the TAC on my Ipad. It's just a pain to manually have to download the chart and always check to see if it's current. I'd like to have the TAC on WingX so I only have to download those charts.

Does anyone know a way to load a TAC on WingX or have any other ideas.

Thanks !

(I tried asking WingX support, unfortunately the support there is lacking. I like their product, but wish they would bump up their support a notch...they don't answer emails ! They'd get a lot more users with better customer support.)

Last edited:
I do not know about WingX, but with ForeFlight when you zoom in far enough the chart changes from Sectional to Terminal Area Chart. I would expect WingX to do the same.

Just checked WingX, it does not scale down to a TAC over the corridor (I swear it used to).

Try calling Hilton Software instead of email (better success at a reply in my experience).

The reason you need the TAC is because of what's printed on the back (the special map for the New York Special Flight Rules Area). An electronic chart that 'zooms' into the TAC isn't going to show you that. Just order up the paper chart, they're super cheap.

The reason you need the TAC is because of what's printed on the back (the special map for the New York Special Flight Rules Area). An electronic chart that 'zooms' into the TAC isn't going to show you that. Just order up the paper chart, they're super cheap.

The NY SFRA chart is available in the documents download section of ForeFlight.

Yes, because the sectional doesn't have the six mandatory reporting points charted as the TAC and Helicopter Route charts. I actually prefer the Heli chart.

I'm a WingX user as well, but still carry paper.

Last edited:
Back