WingX 8 is out

I have the same issue but it does not seem to affect the operation of the geo-referenced approach plates.

Ed

DUATS Weather briefing is still broken in 8.0.0.1 - displays only few fields. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_2157.PNG
    IMG_2157.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
WingX 8.001 fixed the problems with "Blank" saved routes and waypoints problems. Also the Geo-Ref plate status indicator moved from Red to Green. The name changed back to Geo-Ref.

When on the Map Page, I noticed that now we have a Split Icon next to the Route Function. As you tap it, it changes what is presented on the Route Screen overlaid on the Map Page. It cycles through Flight Plan only, Airport Data only, and both. I still have not found out where the Flight Share went.

Ed

I found the Flight Share Function. It now shows up on the main map screen with the secondary Route only screen showing as a SEND icon.

Ed

The Flight Plan Send function also appears at the bottom of the Route Planning Page.

Ed

That split function is nice, showing much more data for the airport without scrolling.

In checking my home airport, it shows left traffic for RWY20, which is wrong. Right traffic is NOTAM'd for that runway, and confirmed by the windsock markings. Has been for years.

Hilton, I really liked how in "Charts"->"Options" was easy to select the phase of flight and get proper chart right away. For example before take off I selected airport diagram and so forth. Would you consider bringing this back to Options?

Hilton,

On duats when filing a flight plan why does it only let you pick up to 3 hours in advance and also sometimes when you file ATC does not have it when you call Clearence delivery. Also it does not seem to save the color of the plane in the aircraft settings when filing a flight plan?
I just flew 37 hours from Los Angeles to the Bahamas and back and find WingX awesome and completely invaluable. It just does so much, I learn new things every day.

Evan

I just updated to WingX 8.0.0.8. Now when I touch and hold a point on the moving map I get a pop-up with Add Waypoint to Route, Create Waypoint and a whole list of nearby chart identifiable points (intersections, nav aids, etc.). When I touch or hold "Add Waypoint to Route" or "Create Waypoint" it highlights in the center like it did something, but it does not appear to do anything. I can't get it to add the waypoint to my route. Anybody else seeing this? I've had the same issue on both my iPad 2 and iPad Mini.

This is a feature I use a lot so this is a real pain to me.
John

I just updated to WingX 8.0.0.8. Now when I touch and hold a point on the moving map I get a pop-up with Add Waypoint to Route, Create Waypoint and a whole list of nearby chart identifiable points (intersections, nav aids, etc.). When I touch or hold "Add Waypoint to Route" or "Create Waypoint" it highlights in the center like it did something, but it does not appear to do anything. I can't get it to add the waypoint to my route. Anybody else seeing this? I've had the same issue on both my iPad 2 and iPad Mini.

This is a feature I use a lot so this is a real pain to me.
John

Apparently that new function was included in the build for 8.0.0.8 by accident and Hilton is working on removing it from the next build, until its ready for prime time.

I liked what I saw of that new function, will be interesting in seeing the final working version

Apparently that new function was included in the build for 8.0.0.8 by accident and Hilton is working on removing it from the next build, until its ready for prime time.

I liked what I saw of that new function, will be interesting in seeing the final working version

I sure hope they fix it soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The IAP routing seems like it might be very handy, however for users like myself that spent a great deal of money on a lifetime subscription to Seattle Avionics geo-referenced data for WingX, the requirement to annually purchase a second subscription for WingX IFR data just to get the IAP routing functionality is disappointing. Perhaps WingX could add yet another ala carte purchase option for just the IAP routing portion for users that already have geo-referenced charts and plates data.

Yay! New version fixes it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But creates other issues... :(

I'm sure the issue will be obvious once it is pointed out to me. What is the new problem?

EDIT: Ah - I see now. Screen brightness splits the display. Yuck.

Further edit: Screen brightness split "goes away" with brightness set to maximum. I normally fly with brightness set to max anyway - still - I would expect them to test in landscape mode before publishing a release.

Last edited:
Reported and fix is on the way in the next few days

They need more/better QA testers I think

Back