Wings WX

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
The weather isnt lookin so hot for this week guys. Any weather gurus want to give me a outlook for the weekend, from NH to Philidelphia?

I'm not a weather guru, but here's the surface wx forcast for Saturday. Looks OK in Philly, but might be a little iffy in NH.
focpage.cfm

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 18
Yea, thats what I am referring to Richard. What I am hoping is that the mid section over the plains will move east over the area for the weekend...

Attachments

• ussat_720x486222.jpg
    ussat_720x486222.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
Michael, I don't see that happening. What I see is a period of dominance by low pressure over the region until an area of high pressure builds to displace the lo. In the charts I provided you can clearly see a well defined jet with large core. That would tend to prohibit development of any high.

My call is you can expect 050 BKN HZ BR isold shwrs with moderate winds. Wind direction is beyond me, depends where you are in relation to the low which will persist. Bring a warm jacket.

Disclaimer: this is worth less than what you paid for it. When it comes to wx guessing I don't mind being made a fool. Time will tell.

Thanks richard. 050 BKN is doable. Im sure they have a buttonwillow comparable airport out that way.

Michael Forcast won't be worth a damn until Thursday. As of now we are looking at a high scattered to broken with greater than 6 and winds from the west at 8.

Here's the precip potential for Saturday morning:

mrf_sfc_f132.gif

and for Saturday afternoon

mrf_sfc_f144.gif

Last edited:
This low has been sitting over Ohio for several days now and it looks like it might still be here on Sat. I doubt I can make the go/no go until Sat AM.

Don't give up your day job Richard;) Weather was Interesting. Started as clear and calm and vis greater than 10 very early around 6:30-7. Then a line moved thru around 8-8:30 am .(no rain) vis still good and winds calm ceiling became 3900sct7500sct 12000sct. Around 9-9:30 the skys cleared to a high very very scattered layer and winds picked up to around 6kts winds gradually increased during the day to about 15kts w/ ocnl gusts higher probably to 20-25 but I can't exactly. Depending upon when you arrived or left some certainly had a bumpy ride. I flew with Michael on a tour of Philly at 2K around 7:00pm and it was smooth as silk. So no rain, no mist ,no haze .

it was a bit cool almost like fall temps and I would have been happier with about 5-7kts less of wind but it was certainly a nice day.

Adam, was that wx region wide (especially extending to the north)? Because Michael mentioned the region from NH to Philly.

BTW: so far, here at POA, I've been told I shouldn't quit my day job because I can't write, I can't tell a joke, and now this. I hereby propose that y'all just get it out of your systems and tell me why not to quit my day job. :)

This thread 7500 is approved because the Wings event has now concluded.

Richard said:
BTW: so far, here at POA, I've been told I shouldn't quit my day job because I can't write, I can't tell a joke, and now this. I hereby propose that y'all just get it out of your systems and tell me why not to quit my day job.

This could be like 101 reasons...I'll start...
reason #1:
You would make a terrible lap dancer.

Richard said:
BTW: so far, here at POA, I've been told I shouldn't quit my day job because I can't write, I can't tell a joke, and now this. I hereby propose that y'all just get it out of your systems and tell me why not to quit my day job. :)

The best reason I can come up with is because working nights suck big time..ask Nick!!!!

Michael said:
This could be like 101 reasons...I'll start...
reason #1:
You would make a terrible lap dancer.

ROLMFAO:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Richard I thought the forcast was for the Fly B Q:dunno: . You were probably on target for Northern New England for Friday as it was low IMC. As for your day job. I don't want you to quit yours because I CAN'T QUITE MINE . Tee hee hee

AdamZ said:
Richard I thought the forcast was for the Fly B Q:dunno: .
It could have been if you had cooperated with the forecast. I'm just shopping for a region that had the wx I guessed...that would mean I was right.;)

AdamZ said:
Don't give up your day job Richard;) Weather was Interesting. Started as clear and calm and vis greater than 10 very early around 6:30-7. Then a line moved thru around 8-8:30 am .(no rain) snip.

There was rain between 830 and 930 over PNE and New Jersey. I was flying in it the whole time during my check out flight. But it wasn't terribly heavy, and we still had 7-8 miles vis... more than good enough to steer around the heavier showers. It was smooth as glass during the morning flight, though, and during the flight to Wings. Afternoon flight back to PNE, otoh, made me wish for the rain back :)

Back