Wings of hope numbers are up.

Crane Pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
crane pilot
I for one would like to how do they come up with the numbers in the drawing? Supposedly the only 5,000 were sold for aircraft and other prizes but the numbers on tickets shown up to 16,400 numbers between them. I bought in early so my numbers are even lower to tone of 16,951 between mine and highest winning. Highest winning is 408,482,363,702 And my lowest number is. 408,482,346,751
= 16,951
It's not that I'm a poor loser or anything, it's the numbers just don't add up. Even random computer generated I don't believe all the first 6 digits shouldn't be same If someone could explain to me I would greatly appreciate it.

You're assuming that each entry is consecutively numbered. With numbers the magnitude we're talking here, I bet they aren't. Probably the time they were issued somehow features into the actual "ticket number."

Do you think there's 200 foot in diameter roll of tickets that the guy is pulling 5000 off to tear apart and drop in the barrel?

I can’t even find the email that contained my numbers... I found the cc transaction, but no corresponding email with ticket numbers...

I assume they called the winners...

Oh well, at least the money goes to a good cause.

You're assuming that each entry is consecutively numbered. With numbers the magnitude we're talking here, I bet they aren't. Probably the time they were issued somehow features into the actual "ticket number."

Do you think there's 200 foot in diameter roll of tickets that the guy is pulling 5000 off to tear apart and drop in the barrel?

Yes I did assume the numbers were sequential, I figured that way it would be easy for accountability and transparency. With the of age of computers these days, setting up a program to do this would be easy. And no I didn't think there was guy with a roll tickets tearing them apart and dropping them into a bucket.

I actually run an online charity auction. We use 4 digit ticket numbers (that indeed do correspond to a paper roll of tickets). But I've never seen paper tickets with more than 6 digits on them.

I bought multiple "tickets." They were consecutively numbered. They share the same first seven digits as those above.

I accidentally bought two and still didn't win :(. I feel like this somehow increases my odds for the RV-10....

But the tiny amount of statistics I know tells me it doesn't :(

Oh well.

I accidentally bought two and still didn't win :(. I feel like this somehow increases my odds for the RV-10....

But the tiny amount of statistics I know tells me it doesn't :(

Oh well.

What raffle is the RV-10?

This is kind of late....I just discovered this email chain. In our earlier raffle days Wings of Hope sold raffle tickets right off the roll as described above and this yielded the consecutive numbers we all seem to miss. Today each ticket is assigned a random number during the online ticketing process so one could buy 4 tickets with numbers differing like those cited above. The winning numbers are also drawn from a random number generator unsing a range that encompasses all tickets sold and the process is audited by our accounting firm.

Back