Wings of Hope - Cessna 150?

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
Gotta admit, I'm not quite as excited about this as I was for the PA181 & PA235 they've had recently.

But then, is there any certified plane cheaper to own than a C150? Maybe, It'll be the plane I use when I become a CFI? (I'll need to lose some weight, I guess...)

Hmm. Meh, still a pretty good bargain and for a good cause. Okay, talked myself into it.

https://wingsofhope.ngo/airplane-raffle/

Last edited:
It's a nice example of a C-150, but yeah, I'm not as interested.

I'm out too

they had a mooney on the auction site that sounded like it would have been a great candidate for a raffle plane.

Yeah, it's not too exciting. Hopefully the winner can fit inside it.

Yeah, I saw the flyer for the C150 and thought, meh, probably won't bother with this one. It's a nice looking plane, but I'm not getting any skinnier and I don't think I could get in there with another adult male of similar size without being miserable for whatever range the bird would have after we offloaded full to make MTOW.

An idea, for those that wish to help bring new people into GA...

Put it on leaseback at the local FBO and charge cost only. Help bring the cost of flying down for a few folks. Possibly get some tax advantages from it.

You are going to need more than that to cover the taxes on your "unearned income"...the value of the aircraft you won.

20-30% of the value of the plane, plus a one time sales tax fee of something like 6.5-9.5%. (Tennessee)
$25,000 plane?
$8K or so in taxes.

Beats $32k for a $100k plane.

But like I said earlier, my thought was that if someone wanted, they could keep they plane and put it on leaseback at a lesser than normal rate to help foster GA. However small that help may be. The potential tax advantages from a business perspective would be small as well, but are still there.

Imma buy a ticket

giphy.gif

Back