Wings and Willow Grove

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Looks like you've only got about 1.75 miles from the threshold of 24 at LOM to the willow grove NAS class D airspace. From folks based there, how do you normally work the pattern? Do you talk to Willow Grove, or is there any agreements between the two facilities we should know about?

I only ask because if a bunch of us arrive at the same time, it may be hard to get more than a few airplanes in the pattern without lengthening the downwind into the class D.

My experience: 360 or slow to retain downwind 24 spacing. KNXX Class D, as far as my experience, is a wall not to be crossed. I was in the pattern during the last Angel Flight East fly-in and I don't recall anyone using KNXX space. The pattern did get crowded.

Mind the traffic to KLOM from the north overflying at 2000, descending over the quarry to your right for reversal to the 45 downwind entry to 24.

YMMV -- Adam, others?

Tim on base to 24 stay inside the water tower and you will be good. Stay inside the smoke stacks and your really really good. You would have to be going mach speed to make the turn from down wind to final to wide and end up in NXX class D. Its really not an issue.

Back