Wing X Pro 7

Love it.
1. Displays trafficc from the Zaon XRX traffic unit
2. Split screen so you can have sectional on one half and approach plate on the other
3. Faster map refresh then FF
4. ADS-B weather intergration

There are lots of threads on WingX versus FF.

FF makes excellent use of the Apple GUI interface, WingX looks more like Windows 95, but I think WingX has a richer feature set.

I have WingX now. I don't care for the traffic and ADS-B stuff, for the fact that it costs me even more money for extra equipment. Plus I just use it as an EFB.

I've been using it for several months now. The thing that sold me on it vs. FF is the terrain feature. Nice to be able to know where the mountains are at night when you can't see them out the window.

patrick
Utah

I've been using it for several months now. The thing that sold me on it vs. FF is the terrain feature. Nice to be able to know where the mountains are at night when you can't see them out the window.

patrick
Utah

Egg-zact-lee what he said. Terrain was the deal breaker for me over FF.

I'm also happy user of WingX Pro. The interface may need some polish but overall great product. Thinks that I liked most in no particular order:
1. Georeferenced taxi diagrams included in base subscription.
2. Terrain overlay.
3. Split screen mode.
4. Extended runway centerline.
5. Integration with Zaon, ADS-B, AdConnect and WebPlan.
I don't have Zaon or ADS-B just yet but that's on my list :)

I heart Syntethic Vision is fantastic on both iPad and iPhone but didn't try it myself yet.

I have WingX Pro 7. I also have Sky Charts. The latter costs a fraction what the former costs. On my last VFR flight I used Sky Charts and preferred it for the simple reason that it has a track-up mode that neither WingX or ForeFlight have.

Sad but true that the more expensive product was less useful to me for tracking a course.

Back