WIng tip adapter for SkyBeacon

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
This is my wing tip where the position light mounts:
upload_2019-1-11_21-3-22.jpeg

As you can see a SkyBeacon will not fit on my wingtip. Has anybody come across this and found a way to adapt this to fit a SkyBeacon?

They sell an adapter just for that purpose. I'm considering that as well since my wingtip has the same design.

Last edited:
Just received my wingtip adapter from Uavionix. Hoping to have SkyBeacon installed within the next two weeks when Cessna 150 goes in for annual.

Could not find anything on their site. The answer to the question in the FAQ was "coming soon."

Could not find anything on their site. The answer to the question in the FAQ was "coming soon."

Yes, but I found on another part of their website, the ability to place an order for it. Based on the above post from MGS it is procurable now. I need to ask my IA if we can install it now, or wait for an STC just for the plastic adapter.

I sent my picture to Uavionics and they said they did not have an adapter for the wingtip. I'm going to check with a 3-D printer int he area. I made this wax model that I need scanned and printed.
upload_2019-1-13_15-36-8.jpeg

Back