Wine Cruise WWD/GED

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Any interest in meeting up at either KGED or KWWD to attend the Cape May Lewes Ferry Wine cruise? Always a fun overnight trip with plenty of places to stay. Now if Mary's uncle will allow the use of his beach home......;)

Back by Popular Demand…the CMLF’s Sunset (and Wine) Lovers Cruise
Special Cruises Scheduled in September and October

(Cape May, NJ) Cape May – Lewes Ferry (CMLF) officials announced that a series of four (4) Sunset and Wine Lovers Cruises on the Delaware Bay will be offered in late September and early October, beginning on Friday, September 17. The Lewes cruises will depart the terminal on four consecutive Fridays at 4:15 p.m. while the Cape May cruises are scheduled to leave the terminal on successive Saturdays at 6:00 p.m.

Enjoy a summer sunset on your cruise across the Delaware Bay as you savor some of the finest wines the world has to offer along with a variety of delectable hors d’oeuvres. The first series of Sunset Wine Cruises were held in June 2006 and have continued to be extremely popular with both residents and vacationers.

Lewes Cruises: Fridays, September 17, 24 and October 1, 8
4:15 p.m. Departure/Return 7:15 p.m.
Host: Outlet Liquors
Hors d’oeuvres: Venus on the Half Shell
Entertainment: Cathy Gorman, Soloist

Cape May Cruises: Saturdays, September 18, 25 and October 2, 9
6:00 p.m. Departure/Return 9:00 p.m.
Host: Hawk Haven Winery
Hors d’oeuvres: Island Grill
Entertainment: Allan Weber and Friends (Sept. 18 & 25) Bill McGradey and Louise Smith (Oct. 2 & 9)

Check-in begins in the ferry terminal 30 minutes before cruise time. The cost of the Sunset Cruise is $43, which includes a round-trip foot passenger ticket, wine samples and savory hors d’oeuvres, informal discussion about the wine, the opportunity to purchase featured wines by the glass, and live music. Space is limited! Reservations are required at 1-800-64-FERRY (33779).

Last edited:
Any interest in meeting up at either KGED or KWWD to attend the Cape May Lewes Ferry Wine cruise? Always a fun overnight trip with plenty of places to stay. Now if Mary's uncle will allow the use of his beach home......;)

Maybe. Let me check with the wife (she is the wine connoisseur) and see what our schedule looks like. Is going into WWD easier?

Gary

Maybe. Let me check with the wife (she is the wine connoisseur) and see what our schedule looks like. Is going into WWD easier? Gary

Taxi ride is much cheaper at WWD than GED and at WWD they have rentals at the airport. I might call Big Sky and check on local hotel rates and where they would put up folks that fly in.

Mary and I will be trying to book a room for the October 9th cruise. We will fly down on the 9th, do a late lunch then take the cruise. We plan on spending the night then flying out for breakfast in the morning. I'll post our hotel as soon as we book. We will rent a car through Ace Sharper at KWWD.

Saturday, October 9
6:00 p.m. Departure/Return 9:00 p.m.
Host: Hawk Haven Winery
Hors d’oeuvres: Island Grill
Entertainment: Bill McGradey and Louise Smith

We managed to find a room......whew...what a search. It's a holiday weekend (Columbus day) and it's also Victorian weekend along with a wine festival and the wine festival cruise.

We found a room for one night at the Palace, they have a few rooms left.

Palace Hotel of Cape May
1101 Beach Avenue
Cape May, NJ 08204
PH 609.898.8100
FAX 609.898.4295
http://www.palacehotelofcapemay.com/index.html

Back