Windsoar Airport 1MO2

Billy Sink

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rockhound
Anyone familiar with 1MO2 in Windsor, MO? Airnav.com shows it as private use, permission required prior to landing. What's the etiquette here? Can I just cold call the owner and as to use his strip?

Depends on the airport. Some private airports really are private, "keep out", while others welcome visitors and are "private" for liability reasons or to keep unsuitable airplanes off their 1000' strip. A phone call will find out, or talk to other local pilots.

Anyone familiar with 1MO2 in Windsor, MO? Airnav.com shows it as private use, permission required prior to landing. What's the etiquette here? Can I just cold call the owner and as to use his strip?
Good friend of mine. Yes, give him a call. If I can help, PM me but I think you’re good.

I can't think of a single person that I hate and very, very, few that I could say I dislike. You're not on that list.
Referencing a surprising exchange in another thread about a balloon, which I suspect you saw.

But funny you said this (and I know you were joking). Did a Zoom last night for 2 hours with 4 friends. Have known them all since 7th grade, one since 3rd. We’re all doctors and all but one was in my wedding. We still get together about once a year and act like middle-schoolers with each other, even though we’re all on Medicare. In that circle I’m definitely the conservative!

Life has been very good and I never take that for granted.

Referencing a surprising exchange in another thread about a balloon, which I suspect you saw.

But funny you said this (and I know you were joking). Did a Zoom last night for 2 hours with 4 friends. Have known them all since 7th grade, one since 3rd. We’re all doctors and all but one was in my wedding. We still get together about once a year and act like middle-schoolers with each other, even though we’re all on Medicare. In that circle I’m definitely the conservative!

Life has been very good and I never take that for granted.

Kinda like family ... sometimes we grumble at each other and disagree but everyone is an individual and has a right to be wrong sometimes. Hard to get the tone across texting on a keyboard. That and that fact that I'm so hard-headed sometimes ... ;)

Back