Windows Pilot Support Software

baldbear

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
baldbear
I am looking for some pilots to test my free software.

A little background.

About 4 years ago, after getting my IR, I was shown ForeFlight(TM) and thought it would be a great help. Not having to buy all the paper charts and plates would be worth it. I was on my way to the Apple store when I decided, since I have developed software for most of my life and I had the time, that I would see if I could write some software myself.

I found all the information I needed (the digital sectional charts were $1.29 when I first started, but now free) and now I have a product I use when I fly and I think others will find helpful.

So I am looking for pilots to try it out and give me any feedback. Things you like, things you don't like, improvements, additions, an easier way to navigate the software, etc. If you have a GPS (there are some I use listed on the website) the GPS information will be unlocked in the software. That will give you your location on the charts, Direct To info and Nearest info.

www.eflightpal.com

If you try it I would love to hear your feedback.
support@eflightpal.com

I think that's a great effort, but what is the selling point? Low price? An awful lot of development time has gone in to packages like Foreflight.

Windows version, its free and you have a direct contact with the person actually developing the software.

Good luck, but I think you're the first pilot I've heard of who has a windows tablet for aviation.

FYI, it's problematic to require internet connections while airborne. Few light aircraft are equipped for that.

It doesn't require internet connection while airborne. You preload everything before you take off while you have the connection.

Download and check it out.

It doesn't require internet connection while airborne. You preload everything before you take off while you have the connection.

I don't have a windows tab, but (read on the website) once the android version is out (any ETA on that) I'll definitely test it out!! :yes::yes:

I will keep you updated, but probably not for awhile.

If you have Windows on your desktop, try it out there. At least you can give me some feedback on what you like/dislike and any enhancements you would want to see.

If I plug in my ADS-B in, will it show the traffic on the map? Or does it not have that capability?

No, not yet. I bought a GDL39 a long time a go thinking I could get the info out of that. Of course Garmin doesn't let you.

What ADS-B receiver are you using?

I started the download to my desktop because it really sounds interesting. But I am probably one of the few nerds that tries to read the terms of agreement, especially on websites I'm not familiar with. I got to the part where you can collect data on us, including where we are and what we are doing and share that information with others. That sort of stopped me right there.

Sorry, that was just a cut and paste template. I don't collect any data and I definitely would not share it with others. I will take that out and create a new installer.

New installer uploaded with revised data collection.

No can do until the Android version is released.

Then, I'll check it out. There are a bunch of Android apps, but none of them are all that good.

PM + Forum post == spam.

Next time - post in classifieds.

PM + Forum post == spam.

I knew you'd show up. :D

2aiplvr.jpg

PM + Forum post == spam.

When I first signed up it wouldn't let me post a thread. SO I PMed some people I thought would be interested. If you are not interested I understand.

I did post in Classified also. But I wanted to reach more pilots. I have posted on a few other boards. I am looking to get some feedback from people that actually use the software.

Is he selling something? I didn't see that. He's offering a freebie to pilots willing to give it a try.

Yeah, I will never understand those who distort things. But I have had a public software company before and am used to the "bashings" from those who never even tried the software.

Funny thing is that I have plenty of time to write the software, ENJOY writing the software and am willing to give it out for free. Any feature that I can replicate for free that the other pay softwares have, I will incorporate. I am working on georeferenced approach plates for ILS and RNAV right now.

Usually people who post like that are just trying to see how sincere I am about the software.

Back