Windows passwords

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
When I boot up windows through VMware on my Mac I always get asked for a password. I am the administrator on Windows but I am tired of being asked if I really want to load something and for even having to put my password in to finish the logon process. Windows is on the Mac for two and only two reasons. To have Golden Eagle flight planning software and to update my datacards for my GPS. I do not need tons of security on this. How can I get Windows to stop asking me for a logon password and to stop those sodding security pop ups??? I am running Vista BTW. No I do not want to buy Win7

When I boot up windows through VMware on my Mac I always get asked for a password. I am the administrator on Windows but I am tired of being asked if I really want to load something and for even having to put my password in to finish the logon process. Windows is on the Mac for two and only two reasons. To have Golden Eagle flight planning software and to update my datacards for my GPS. I do not need tons of security on this. How can I get Windows to stop asking me for a logon password and to stop those sodding security pop ups??? I am running Vista BTW. No I do not want to buy Win7

If this behaves like a normal Vista installation, setting the password to null (enter a blank password) should eliminate the query or at least allow you to just hit enter.

As far as those security pop-ups, I don't think there is a way to disable them. I could be wrong.

On normal Vista OS's, if your talking about it asking you if it is "ok" if this program or that one does something. That is "user account controls".
Go into User Accounts and turn it off. You will get one balloon message when you boot that you have it turned off but not anymore.

On normal Vista OS's, if your talking about it asking you if it is "ok" if this program or that one does something. That is "user account controls".
Go into User Accounts and turn it off. You will get one balloon message when you boot that you have it turned off but not anymore.
Thanks, that solved that part of the issue.

I am still looking for someway to get it to stop asking me for a password when I log on.

Thanks, that solved that part of the issue.

I am still looking for someway to get it to stop asking me for a password when I log on.

I thought that with only one account and no password set it wouldn't ask for one.

go back into user accounts.
Change password
Type in your old password, then just hit enter and leave the "new password" boxes blank. It will stop asking you then.

Back