Windows File Dialog Box Help

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Another shot at this, which should (or so it seems to me) be obvious.

When I do a File-->Open or File-->Save in Windows XP, the dialog box and files list always seem to default back to being sorted by Filename, with the following columns (in order): Filename, Size, Type and Date Modified.

I virtually always want it Filename, Date, Size then Type, and sorted by Date, descending. I can drag the date field over and click on the top of the Date column to re-sort it, but is there no way to simply have it default to this display?

Some apps (WordPerfect comes to mind) seem to remember the setting until the next time I shut down and restart the app, but is there no Windows setting I can use to make the file open dialogs comply with my reasonable request? I cringe to think how much aggregate time I spend fighting this issue.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

<!> Disk Full. Program terminating.

:rolleyes: ;)

(Rotsa ruck, sucka)

That is it, Steve, but am I reading it to mean that I have to do that for every single folder on my server?

I believe all it does is set the default detail view on the local machine. Every time you open a folder it would be displayed as set up in the "detail view" when detail view was selected.

I'm lucky to find which folder i put something in, much less how the list is displayed....:(

That is it, Steve, but am I reading it to mean that I have to do that for every single folder on my server?

Back