Wind Opinions

Pay close attention to the height requirements (20 ft above anything within 300 ft). In fact if that is intended to be 20 ft from the generator not the bottom of the blade arc, I'd add the blade length to the requirement. And if there is a slope to the terrain make sure you aren't adversely affected by the wind following the terrain contour. From what I've read, improper placement can cut your output in half.

they say they are quiet but those in this area that had them were close to suing because of the racket they made, I would get close to one in a breeze and ask myself, "could I sleep/enjoy the quiet of my home... with that spinning?"

lancefisher said:
Pay close attention to the height requirements (20 ft above anything within 300 ft). In fact if that is intended to be 20 ft from the generator not the bottom of the blade arc, I'd add the blade length to the requirement. And if there is a slope to the terrain make sure you aren't adversely affected by the wind following the terrain contour. From what I've read, improper placement can cut your output in half.
That's a good consideration but I would also be thinking of blade ablation due to buffeting by mechanical turb. Then again, are there cycle limits on those blades?

Let'sgoflying! said:
they say they are quiet but those in this area that had them were close to suing because of the racket they made, I would get close to one in a breeze and ask myself, "could I sleep/enjoy the quiet of my home... with that spinning?"
How often does the train go by?

So often you don't even notice it.

Back