Wind damage at Stockton, MO

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Early spring storms came thru Missouri night before last with tornado damage in Branson, Buffalo, Lebanon and several other small communities. The Stockton airport had straight line winds in excess of 90 MPH damaging all 6 hangars. Here are a couple pictures from there. The airplanes that were damaged are; Cessna 172 Cutlass RG, Cessna P-210, Cherokee 235, Piper Tri-Pacer and V-tail Bo.

Attachments

• stockton hangar 1.JPG
    stockton hangar 1.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 70
  • stockton hangar 2.JPG
    stockton hangar 2.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 58
Dean, thanks for posting this. We heard that the Stockton airport was hit, but we didn't know any details. So, was every airplane based there damaged?

We had some storm damage at the farm, but our hangar and airplane are okay.

Dean, thanks for posting this. We heard that the Stockton airport was hit, but we didn't know any details. So, was every airplane based there damaged?

We had some storm damage at the farm, but our hangar and airplane are okay.

Hello Diana, If you need any help cleaning up, let me know. As for the airplanes being damaged, some had minor, some probably will be heading to the scrap yard. The FAA has said the 2 hangars on the north end are too close to the runway, so I don't see the city building them back. The city hates the airport and I see them pocketing the insurance money and not rebuilding. Brian Hammons was the only active pilot there, and he has cut way back of fling. So I see it really turning into a ghost town.

Hello Diana, If you need any help cleaning up, let me know.
Thanks, Dean, I appreciate that. :)

The only damage at the Lamar airport that we know of is a damaged spinner on a Cherokee from a door blowing into it.

So sad to see... the Cessna in the hanger did not look to bad from this picture, maybe some repairable dings.. but I'd move it out of the hanger before it collapses on the airplane.

Back