Win7 Show Desktop Button

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Any way to move it to the far left side of the taskbar where it would be much more convenient to get to and use?

Where do you currently see the icon? I can help if I know which one you're referring to.

WIN + D also does it.

the reason it's placed all the way in the corner is for the same reason OS X does Corners (show desktop is one of them), you just swing the mouse all the way down and to the right and it doesn't really matter where you were on the screen, you'll get a desktop.

also note you don't need to click it to see the desktop, you can just mouseover it

Thanks guys,

As Erich speculated, I'm talking about the "little glass button" that's stuck on the far right side of the taskbar. I think I'll add the left side icon. My mouse pointer is on the left side of the task bar much more frequently than the right side and a button there would be mighty convenient.

But I'll give it some time before I do that and see if I can get used to "throwing" my mouse at it over in the right corner like elmetal describes.

Last edited:
Or you can just hit "Alt+Tab" and Tab again while holding down the ALT key to switch to various programs or your desktop. Easy shortcut without moving your hands off the keyboard.

Ryan

Last edited:
Another shortcut is to "right click" anywhere there is a free area (no icons) on the taskbar and that will give you a menu that includes "Show the desktop".

the reason it's placed all the way in the corner is for the same reason OS X does Corners (show desktop is one of them), you just swing the mouse all the way down and to the right and it doesn't really matter where you were on the screen, you'll get a desktop.

But Mac OS X allows you to change which corner does what. :yes: :D

But Mac OS X allows you to change which corner does what. :yes: :D
Lol.

Corners > Windows Desktop corner anyday of the week.

We're not limited to just bottom right for desktop. we got all corners and a wide variety of things to choose from.

Suck it windows 7!

ps. I love you Windows 7

Back