Wilmington/Phil FBOs

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Flying into the Wilmington/Phil area for a wedding. (Brandywine Country Club) Anyone got a recommendation for an airport/FBO at the DE/PA/MD corner?

Flying into the Wilmington/Phil area for a wedding. (Brandywine Country Club) Anyone got a recommendation for an airport/FBO at the DE/PA/MD corner?

Where are you staying Ken? What town?

Sounds like New Garden, N57, if you want a non-towered or New Castle, ILG, if you want a tower (Class D) may be options. Lots of good choices in S.E. PA. I used to be based at New Garden, and its a nice little airport. ILG is a typcial Class D, and its a good choice. Aeroways gets good reviews on Airnav, but I've never used them.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KILG/AEROWAYS#c

Where are you staying Ken? What town?

Sounds like New Garden, N57, if you want a non-towered or New Castle, ILG, if you want a tower (Class D) may be options. Lots of good choices in S.E. PA. I used to be based at New Garden, and its a nice little airport. ILG is a typcial Class D, and its a good choice. Aeroways gets good reviews on Airnav, but I've never used them.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KILG/AEROWAYS#c
My host lives near Conchester Road, so what's that, Concordville/Elam/Ogden? She hasn't told us what hotel she booked us in, but it's in the same area.

Don't care about a tower, but I need a decent FBO where we can freshen up and change clothes after landing. An instrument approach would be nice.

My host lives near Conchester Road, so what's that, Concordville/Elam/Ogden? She hasn't told us what hotel she booked us in, but it's in the same area.

Don't care about a tower, but I need a decent FBO where we can freshen up and change clothes after landing. An instrument approach would be nice.

For a good FBO with those kind of facilities you want ILG or maybe even OQN, Brandywine would work, plus QVC is near the field if your wife is into that stuff. N57 has a small FBO. ILG and OQN have better instrument approaches and lighting than N57 which can also be squirrely with winds.

Ken, I don't think your going to find squat at ILG. I am wondering if the WEdding is at the Mendenhall Inn. Big wedding place. See my PM to you.

Anthony ILG is not a bad field but its really set up for the guys flying the Falcons. I flew in in a Tiger. first off the runways were only just over 7000' so it was a little Tight for the Tiger but I still made it in and out.

Seriously the folks there never gave me a hassle and weren't rude but it was almost like I wasn't even there. No one to tell me where to park nothing nada! We grabbed an ice cream and a sode in the cafeteria but It was like I just walked in off the street and wandered around. It was almost surreal. I suppose if they do cater to the big corp iron then they probably have showers and such.

In fairness I never did go to the other FBO that Gary M raved about on AirNav. I do trust Gary so he may be a better person to chime in about ILG. My experince was just very impersonal thats all.

Anthony ILG is not a bad field but its really set up for the guys flying the Falcons. I flew in in a Tiger. first off the runways were only just over 7000' so it was a little Tight for the Tiger but I still made it in and out.

You got out in 7,000??? Must have been very light.

My experince was just very impersonal thats all.

Got it.

Brandywine Country Club is on Shipley road about 1 mile away from our house. .....go to ILG and tie down at red eagle for the night. If you need transportation let me know, I'm 10 minutes from ILG and a stones throw from the country club. Your welcome to use the facilities at the Mascelli home.

I can talk to the folks at red eagle if you like, I tie down there and work for the folks who run the airport.

I would think your host has you booked on Rt. 202 a few miles from the CC. I'll pm my numbers.

Attachments

• bccmap.jpg
    bccmap.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
DOH ! I have to read the ACTUAL POST next time. I don't recall Ken posting it was at Brandywine CC. ( did you add that later) Gary is right on target for Brandywine CC. I'll tell you a funny story about Brandywine CC once I check the Delaware Statue of limitations.:rofl: Nope don'e know sir it wasn't me:dunno:

DOH ! I have to read the ACTUAL POST next time. I don't recall Ken posting it was at Brandywine CC. ( did you add that later) Gary is right on target for Brandywine CC. I'll tell you a funny story about Brandywine CC once I check the Delaware Statue of limitations.:rofl: Nope don'e know sir it wasn't me:dunno:

:rofl: Adam I live at the intersection of Naamans and Shipley just north of the CC. I'd like to hear that story......;)

Back