Wilmington DE

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
Might be taking a trip to Wilmington DE next month. I see there is a TFR up there that seems to have been for a while.

Just wondering if anyone knows what's up there?

I have always heard the tower controllers there are jerks, but I've never had a reason to go there, so don't know. It's Delaware, why go?

Friends, food, beer. General good times.

Exploring other airports as actual destination is just outside the city, just need a direction from the city.

The TFRs are activated when Biden travels via the airport. They are always a relatively narrow window. For example, the current TFR is for tonight from 2315 to 0030. IFR arrivals are permitted within this window but not VFR arrivals.

Aren't half the corporate aircraft in the world registered there......?!

The TFRs are activated when Biden travels via the airport. They are always a relatively narrow window. For example, the current TFR is for tonight from 2315 to 0030. IFR arrivals are permitted within this window but not VFR arrivals.

Maybe the TFR for the airport, but not the one over his house which is 24/7 1nm up to 1500' I believe.

Maybe the TFR for the airport, but not the one over his house which is 24/7 1nm up to 1500' I believe.

Yes, that's correct. I think the airport one goes up to 3000 AGL. The one over his house can be easily avoided. The one over the airport cannot if you are trying to go VFR to the airport :)

He must not rate as good as Cheney did... His TFR was 4 NM and 6000 agl.. and yeah it was a pain in the a$$ for the whole 8 years he was in office..:mad::mad::mad:

Yes, that's correct. I think the airport one goes up to 3000 AGL. The one over his house can be easily avoided. The one over the airport cannot if you are trying to go VFR to the airport :)

Good call.

I always wondered what the 1mi/1500' TFR actually does. Is it to deter media helicopters?

He must not rate as good as Cheney did... His TFR was 4 NM and 6000 agl.. and yeah it was a pain in the a$$ for the whole 8 years he was in office..:mad::mad::mad:

Ingesting, article I found said biden's was bigger:)rofl:)

Media bias?

Might be taking a trip to Wilmington DE next month. I see there is a TFR up there that seems to have been for a while. Just wondering if anyone knows what's up there?

Duncan,

I'm based at ILG. The TFR north of the airport is for the VP's home. Surface to 1500 AGL. When the VP is scheduled in/out you can come and go if you file IFR. However, I have heard many VFR flights get cleared up until he is inbound or there is the ground hold while he loads to depart.

If you need anything while your in Wilmington give me a shout. I'll pm my number.

Last edited:
Friends, food, beer.
Ah, yes -- the Dogfishead brewery nearby. Do eat at their brewpub -- great food as well as great beer.

The "permanent" TFR is right over the Veep's house, and is only 1 mile radius and 1500 AGL right on the edge if ILG's D-space, so you probably shouldn't be able to bust it without already talking to ILG Tower, and that's the requirement for transit of the TFR. Just watch out for Uncle Joe's helo visits on the weekends, when the TFR becomes 3 miles/3000 feet and you can't go in or out while his helo is arriving or departing.

Back